Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Daily Driver

hmmm, so much to choose from. that 328 wagon would be dam practical, tow bar too. Only thing is I've seen too many e36's with the interiors fall to bits, late model ones are supposed to be a bit better aren't they?

hmmm, so much to choose from. that 328 wagon would be dam practical, tow bar too. Only thing is I've seen too many e36's with the interiors fall to bits, late model ones are supposed to be a bit better aren't they?

If you are after a daily driver (and intend to keep your toy), I would suggest buying something newer and cheaper to run. That E36 touring seems quite nice, but you could get something a lot newer and less kms for $10k.

A few "outside the square" finds:

Mondeo ST

Stilo Abarth

Octavia vRS wagon

V40 T4 Wagon

Etc etc...

If you are after a daily driver (and intend to keep your toy), I would suggest buying something newer and cheaper to run. That E36 touring seems quite nice, but you could get something a lot newer and less kms for $10k.

I agree, definitely paying for the fact its a 5 speed wagon. No doubt a corolla (or equivalent) would be the best idea financially, but I want something a bit nicer and more powerful, something i dont despise driving. Will probably end up towing a trailer sometimes too. I was actually quite impressed with my flatmates vtec EK civic, used no petrol and went pretty well for a 1500. DC2 integra could also be a reasonable option. Dam list of cars just keeps getting bigger.

I'm not sure what I'm doing the e30, I want to keep it as a toy but not sure whether I'll have somewhere to keep it. Its really not worth selling as I dont think I'll get anything for it.

Edited by Mike

I agree, definitely paying for the fact its a 5 speed wagon. No doubt a corolla (or equivalent) would be the best idea financially, but I want something a bit nicer and more powerful, something i dont despise driving. Will probably end up towing a trailer sometimes too. I was actually quite impressed with my flatmates vtec EK civic, used no petrol and went pretty well for a 1500. DC2 integra could also be a reasonable option. Dam list of cars just keeps getting bigger.

I'm not sure what I'm doing the e30, I want to keep it as a toy but not sure whether I'll have somewhere to keep it. Its really not worth selling as I dont think I'll get anything for it.

I can vouch for DC2 Integras to be a very good mix of comfort/fun. If you want to shell out a bit more, DC2 Type R is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. They can be had for $7,000-$8,000 range now (But make sure you get a good one, the difference between a good one and bad one can be 20kw on a hub dyno!!!).

Obviously, in terms of daily driving the Type R's aren't so nice - no sound deadening, firm suspension, higher NVH. The 4 door Type R's ride a bit better with longer wheelbase and the interior is nice with Recaro interior. And great on gas if kept below 5,000rpm. A standard well maintained 96 spec would lay waste to my 325i E30 even with all my suspension mods, and be better on gas to boot. Pity it's wrong wheel drive or I'd own one now).

....yes, I was/am a Honda fan boy :lol: And did I mention the MASSIVE aftermarket support? :P