Sign in to follow this  
mikes635csi

1979 635csi race car

well its been a while but it is gettingthere. the car has been sitting at the panel shop in Hamilton since middle of December and they are rocking into it now. here are some new pics... cant load pics...

Edited by mikes635csi

will have more in a couple of days. NOW, i don't know a lot about panelbeating so any comments good or bad about what has been done will be appreciated...

I have taken all the chrome off so that each part will be painted in 2pot black. no chrome on the beast at all.

The back windows have been closed off so i can use a perspex window in the rear.

The front bumper (moulding) has been cleaned and repaired by bumper Replacements.

The metal front bumper needs more repair than the titanic.

Racelign have welded new mounts underneath for the new sway bars and these will be painted before the bars are fitted.

Hopefully the panelwork will be finished this week and the undercoat on. more pics then.

I had a new tank fabricated but have no idea how big it is.

we have closed in the old rear windows so i can use a fixed perspex window. the wheel arches have been pushed out and look nice now. It is now time to put the front end back together...

YAY, we finally got the undercoat on the main body and bonnet, doors and boot lid tomorrow. Then on Tuesday we raise it up and finish off underneath... looking good.

post-3394-1300422008.jpg

post-3394-1300422024.jpg

post-3394-1300422041.jpg

post-3394-1300422052.jpg

post-3394-1300422068.jpg

Nice work, has come along way. Painting a car next week myself, oh the joys

Been following this project from afar :) It's starting to look good :)

I don't suppose the car originally had a towbar on it did it? I'm looking at buying an early 6er as a daily but need tow capacity.

looking good man, i went through all that panel business about a year ago and it was great fun but i dont think il do it again for a while

Hi all, Well, the beast has had the work underneath finished and the undersealing has been done. The undercoat work on the body is complete and we have started the fianl painting... have a look at these and i hope to have it back together with the bonnet, boot, and doors completed this week and final paint going on next week yay for that.

today we painted the whole inside/engine bay/boot/doors/bonnett/boot and it looks awesome. On Tuesday the doors and boot/bonnett get bolted on and then on wednesday we paint the whole outside of the car with 3-4 coats. it is looking very cool now.

cant seem to upload pics..

today we painted the whole inside/engine bay/boot/doors/bonnett/boot and it looks awesome. On Tuesday the doors and boot/bonnett get bolted on and then on wednesday we paint the whole outside of the car with 3-4 coats. it is looking very cool now.

cant seem to upload pics..

reszie your pics to 800 by 600 or upload them to photo bucket etc then link them across

Can you PLEASE stop teasing us with the body work pictures :)