Sign in to follow this  
JasonL

Battery Help

Nobodies said this yet... but i reckon try upgrade the ground at the battery. Try that first. If youre drawing lots of current from your bat/alt, you need upgraded grounds.

Simple rule of thumb is your ground cables should be equal to if not larger than your positives.

Ground with 0G. Do it. To the chassis. Do it.

Do your headlights dim when the bass hits?

Yeah this is called the big 3 :D

I know the exactly which car it is ! I used to see if driven around alot !

Yeah not so much now, had lowering problems was too low, then waterpump went, then some other stuff. now tranmission god damit.

Dont know of any1 with a E30 manual or auto kit lying around do ya.

I used to have spare 225amp 2ga you could have used to ground your bat better down here..

Haven't seen the car around though. Probably good you don't take it around the student area too, too much glass.

I used to have spare 225amp 2ga you could have used to ground your bat better down here..

Haven't seen the car around though. Probably good you don't take it around the student area too, too much glass.

Haha yeah mid february theres going to be even more. how much you want for the 2ga wiring.

$20 for a fuse sounds bout right. must be a 150-200amp one.

425a. That's only there to protect the main power wire: theoretically the amps could draw more than that but my ear drums will blow before the fuse.

Don't think the 1000d has an internal fuse so you should add an external one.

425a. That's only there to protect the main power wire: theoretically the amps could draw more than that but my ear drums will blow before the fuse.

Don't think the 1000d has an internal fuse so you should add an external one.

It has a protection mode it will shut dwn. Has an internal fuse switch. Most new amps have this also. But should always have a fuse up front for extra protection. I only got a 150amp up there with 3 straps of 4ga running to the boot. battery doesnt have the power to even push out the amp power for my 3 amps at the moment. :C

It has a protection mode it will shut dwn. Has an internal fuse switch. Most new amps have this also. But should always have a fuse up front for extra protection. I only got a 150amp up there with 3 straps of 4ga running to the boot. battery doesnt have the power to even push out the amp power for my 3 amps at the moment. :C

yep, has an internal fuse/shut-off but definately best to fit an external fuse (extra protection).

My 1000d kept shutting off when i first did my install, found out it was a shitty ground and the amp wasn't getting getting enough power to keep it going with big base.

Laurence