Sign in to follow this  
E46-RAT

New to Bimmersport forums.

Hi all,

I am new to this site and i reside in Wellington,

Big fan of BMW's of all years and models.

I currently have a 2003 M3 but have also owned a E36 325i in the past.

Here is a photo of my M

Cheers! :lol:

Posted Image

Welcome to bimmersport

Your m3 is sexy. you can never have enough pics ;)

Cheers, Nathan

Thanks for the welcome,

A couple more for the fans ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And last but not least ,just to be a complete showoff :P .Here is one of my other cars.

It's a 2006 Legacy GT,this is an older photo,but it recently has been modified with twin big bores etc,and is a bit of fun.

Just in case we have any Subaru fans in here as well lol.

Posted Image

You're selling both your cars on trademe currently? Why's that?

BTW Welcome.

You're selling both your cars on trademe currently? Why's that?

BTW Welcome.

Hey there,

Planning the move to Aussie sometime in the new year so the toys have to go but i will get new ones lol.

In the meantime i still enjoy driving them!

Also have a WRX as a daily driver and thats a lot of fun too.

But looking forward to staying on this forum no matter where i end up. :D

Im a member of a few overseas based forums but im glad ive found this site it looks great!

Welcome mate, big fan of your trademe photos :)... If only I had the cash.

Very nice, ive got a soft spot for e46m3s. How does the Subaru compare performance wise?

Very nice, ive got a soft spot for e46m3s. How does the Subaru compare performance wise?

Hi there,

The Subaru has very good top end power and when its on boost there is not very much in it,although i think the M3 is still quicker.

Braking and cornering there is no comparision,the M3 is insane in both departments.

I read some where on the net from a very reliable source that the M3 can brake from 80mph down to zero in a shorter distance then a lot of much more expensive cars like Porsches etc.

The only issue is fade but i dont drive quick enough on the street to get that :P

It feels like it has more power then 252 kw as well although i havent dynoed it.

The Subaru still has a lot more potential in it though,the stock turbo is at its power making limits ,the intercooler needs to be bigger and the stock suspension needs to be upgraded to match the power.

Take care of those things and it would be a really fast street car.

As i have mentioned in another thread i followed a Gallardo over the rimutaka hill the other day and while the lambo was quicker,the performance gap wasnt as big as i was expecting,and yes he was trying lol.

Cheers,

Rob.

welcome dude! nice collection of cars you have there!!

Thanks,and nice E30 you have there,I love those cars!

Welcome mate, big fan of your trademe photos :)... If only I had the cash.

Cheers mate,your E36 M3 looks great!

Willkomen mate!

Love the M3, looks great with the BBS RX.

Hi there,

The Subaru has very good top end power and when its on boost there is not very much in it,although i think the M3 is still quicker.

Braking and cornering there is no comparision,the M3 is insane in both departments.

I read some where on the net from a very reliable source that the M3 can brake from 80mph down to zero in a shorter distance then a lot of much more expensive cars like Porsches etc.

The only issue is fade but i dont drive quick enough on the street to get that :P

It feels like it has more power then 252 kw as well although i havent dynoed it.

The Subaru still has a lot more potential in it though,the stock turbo is at its power making limits ,the intercooler needs to be bigger and the stock suspension needs to be upgraded to match the power.

Take care of those things and it would be a really fast street car.

As i have mentioned in another thread i followed a Gallardo over the rimutaka hill the other day and while the lambo was quicker,the performance gap wasnt as big as i was expecting,and yes he was trying lol.

Cheers,

Rob.

rimutakas a bit of a goat track for the lambo i would think...he was prolly in second most of the time!

Welcome mate. Very nice M3! Love the wheels, they really suit it.

What are you looking at getting when you move over to Aussie? Another m3?

I love your car. Its my dream car. I'm hoping to get one similar in a year or two.

Anyway welcome to the site!

Very nice cars you have dude!

Welcome Rob, the first time I saw pics of your M3 was on TM, I thought it was beautiful - not usually a fan of silver ones but yours is very clean and the wheels are great.

rimutakas a bit of a goat track for the lambo i would think...he was prolly in second most of the time!

True,not that i was complaining,the sound was incredible when he put his foot down.

On that sort of road the M3 held its own really well,of course on the motorway or Autobahn it would be a Gallardo whitewash,but for the money difference between the BMW and the Lambo i was happy with how the M3 performed.

Welcome mate. Very nice M3! Love the wheels, they really suit it.

What are you looking at getting when you move over to Aussie? Another m3?

Thanks for the compliments.

Well it is hard to say what i would get over in Aus because the car prices over there are through the roof!

A similar car to my M3 over there would be around $80,000 Aussie dollars.

I would like to stay in a BMW so maybe a E36 M3 or modify a more regular E46.

Once beemers get under your skin its hard to give them up lol.

I love your car. Its my dream car. I'm hoping to get one similar in a year or two.

Anyway welcome to the site!

Cheers mate,Best of luck with eventually owning one of these cars,you wont regret it,they are special cars thats for sure!