Sign in to follow this  
allan

530 revamp

Over the last couple of months have been looking at things that need to be done to the 530. Starting from the front Hella Xenon low beams standard bulbs 4500k I think, clear corners and indicators with stealth bulbs, 7000k led ring markers to replace the old yellow angel eyes. Was amased at the difference in light quality plus still looking into the anti-glare set up used

post-1581-1229212063_thumb.jpg post-1581-1229212141_thumb.jpg

old headlight new headlight

post-1581-1229212218_thumb.jpg

new and old halo rings

Have more so will post later

Where did you get teh replacement LED angel eyes ? I'm looking at the ones from the state that are direct replacements and a hell of a lot brighter. Is yours brighter or just a different colour?

I just put some 8000K HID replacement bulbs in my e39 and the colour is awesome! Altho you do lose a little light, but it is a lot more reflective on signs. Hence why i'm going to leave the high beam as the standard yellow colour so i can still see well at high beams.

I've got the silver version of your car. Post up some more whole car pics so i can see what else you've done :)

This is the package they came in all up about $100.00 from the states. These you remove the old bulb holder and replace it with these hook up the wires and turn them on thats it.

They are white in colour beats the old yellow one's by far.

post-1581-1229238258_thumb.jpg

Yes sure do.

The next area visited was under the bonnet. The motor got a new air filter, valve cover gasket, charcoal activited filters for the A/C. The dealer replaced the drive belt tensioner set up with the lastest type I believe it's hydraulic as the old one being mechanical develops a ticking noise I was informed which mine had. While having a look around the engine noticed a few other bits and pieces that will need attention so will have to revisit this area later on.

The front seats came out next for repadding as the drivers one had collapsed and the side cover ended up being broken, holds all the electric controls for the seat. Big mistake getting the side covers from the dealer you have to buy both left and right at around $180.00.

Then the instrument cluster was next the old missing pixel trick. After a chat with Glenn this was sent to Shane at Auto Electronic Services. The repair, freight, g.s.t $330.00. Hope I spelt Shane's name correctly

Had a few items that had need of replacement in the centre console area, wood panel cover for cassette player, centre console tray has fag lighter in it. These items have now been returned to their rightful place so the interior is no longer a mess of screws and plastic bits.

This is the package they came in all up about $100.00 from the states. These you remove the old bulb holder and replace it with these hook up the wires and turn them on thats it.

They are white in colour beats the old yellow one's by far.

post-1581-1229238258_thumb.jpg

Can you give me a link etc to where you purchased it from please.

Yes sure do.

The next area visited was under the bonnet. The motor got a new air filter, valve cover gasket, charcoal activited filters for the A/C. The dealer replaced the drive belt tensioner set up with the lastest type I believe it's hydraulic as the old one being mechanical develops a ticking noise I was informed which mine had. While having a look around the engine noticed a few other bits and pieces that will need attention so will have to revisit this area later on.

The front seats came out next for repadding as the drivers one had collapsed and the side cover ended up being broken, holds all the electric controls for the seat. Big mistake getting the side covers from the dealer you have to buy both left and right at around $180.00.

Then the instrument cluster was next the old missing pixel trick. After a chat with Glenn this was sent to Shane at Auto Electronic Services. The repair, freight, g.s.t $330.00. Hope I spelt Shane's name correctly

Had a few items that had need of replacement in the centre console area, wood panel cover for cassette player, centre console tray has fag lighter in it. These items have now been returned to their rightful place so the interior is no longer a mess of screws and plastic bits.

Put some pics up with your changes !!! especially work in the engine bay.

Well I just had to turn the key and go for a drive. With the car almost back together before I start on another stage just the radio and cassette to refit. Some more photo's while I remember the only problem I had fitting the Xenon headlights was the A/C pipes on the right side are very close.

post-1581-1229410710_thumb.jpg post-1581-1229410838_thumb.jpg

Was great to have all the pixels up and running no WOF problem their now.

post-1581-1229411269_thumb.jpg post-1581-1229411370_thumb.jpg

The lights are gen Hella.

Over the Christmas brake I had a look at the front and rear suspension.

post-1581-1235010260_thumb.jpg post-1581-1235010556_thumb.jpg

The front thrust arm bushes had started to tear away from their outer casing. The control arm rubbers had cracks in them.

Next came the rear this proved to be a bit more difficult and had to get Bates in Palmy Nth to fit the rear ball joints as well as the wheel alignment . The rear sway bar links were shot, the rubber boots on the ball joints had all but gone allowing dirt to get into them. Is a lot more stable when cornering now and the over all ride is better as well.

post-1581-1235010780_thumb.jpg