Sign in to follow this  
bmw335i

e30 project

Happy New Year Everyone.

its been a few weeks since ive posted on the site...

the progress of the e30 has slowd down a bit so that i can enjoy my holidays while they last. go back on the 12th so have a week left.

i have no pics yet but all of the bodywork is dent free ( i hope ) lol

except the roof and sunroof rust as its no that bad.

just have to sand down the new drivers door, then mask up the whole car so my dad can prime it all up.

the car is already a shitty no gloss back so the new matt black primer should give it as much class as a primer can lol

then its on to fitting up the complete rear subframe from a e36ti.

i trial fitted one of the 17" 255's on the rear and didnt even have a fingertips clearance between the rear wheel arch and tyre, so i folded up the arch lip to give me that extra gap.

I have herd that the e36ti is about 17mm wider than the e30?

But i dont know if thats overall length or each trailling arm.

Guess i will findout in a few days..

i will post some pics when the car has been primed.

also am going to buy some offset bushes for the front today or tomorrow so if all goes well the 5stud should be dont in a week or two.

any feedback would be good too.

Thanks.

good to see someone else doing a 5 stud conversion. keep us posted on how it goes 255's on the rear will be bad ass.

yea i hope all the 5stud conversion goes well...

went to bnt in east tamaki today..

told me that e30 offset bushes will cost me around $200 does anyone know where to get them any cheaper?

Thanks.

Thats about right, I got mine at trade from BNT (Nolathanes) are 250 retail, i got them for about 170

I think James/jimmy got his offset oem m3 bushes for $90 bucks. I got my offset m3 nolathanes for $100 from the states on a group buy, but that's when the exchange rate was good

yea i hope all the 5stud conversion goes well...

went to bnt in east tamaki today..

told me that e30 offset bushes will cost me around $200 does anyone know where to get them any cheaper?

Thanks.

Have you tried Autolign ??

Ph. (09)5299571

Autolign and BNT are the same company. I think Autolign are usually are bit cheaper though as they tend to specilaise in suspension parts.

Just a quick update.

After about an hour of trying to get the exhaust system out i decided to cut it in half. The reason i cut it was that it was an aftermarket straight through system and the person/people who have done it, didnt do it very well lol.anyway...

the rear subframe is now out!!!

Tomorrow i am going to sort out what i need to swap over from the e30 subframe to the e36 before i try fit it back up as a 5stud.

I have noticed that the handbrake cables are the same length. but the outer cover is a bit different on the e36.

So il have to swap them around...

any help or info would be good.

Tomorrow i am going to sort out what i need to swap over from the e30 subframe to the e36 before i try fit it back up as a 5stud.

I have noticed that the handbrake cables are the same length. but the outer cover is a bit different on the e36.

So il have to swap them around...

any help or info would be good.

You only swap over the trailing arms, not the whole subframe.

Leave the E30 hand brake cables attached to the chassis etc... and connect them into the E36 TA's

Hi,

The subframe is all bolted up now. have the 255/40/17s on the rear.

everything went fairly smooth.

I used the handbrake cables from the e30 subframe. will load some pics up soon :P

need to sort something out with the wheel arches as the tyres stick out a bit lol

my dad and i have an idea that may work out well.

now i need to buy/order the offset bushes for the front in a week or two as funds are running a bit low.

will keep you guys posted on progress.

once again any advice would be great.

THanks.