Sign in to follow this  
$toffz

Car Insurance

Afternoon Folks,

I am wanting to get full insurance for 87 325i vert, I'm 26 and clean driving history.

Who do you folks use? Who do you recommend? Who do you stay away from?

Appreciate the advise.

Cheers.

I use Tower and had few problems when I made a claim late last year.

My cars are Insured with State, I didn't choose them that's my Brokers job. Each time I have had to claim they have been very good, no problems easy to deal with.

One of my cars got smashed into yesterday while I was at lunch, came out to find the front crunched in, the other driver did a runner but luckily a taxi took the rego details down, went and stalked down the owner of the E60 BMW who crunched my poor wee lil E36 and took photo's of her already freshly painted bumper (albeit not a very flash repair). She looked very frightened with me standing behind her car taking photos of her "repaired" bumper. Got her details from her. Rang my insurance company this morning, car is in the shop tomorrow to have the front replaced. They were fine with using the repairer Team McMillan recommended.

I don't know how the situation would be if I hadn't taken the action I took to track the driver down, I'd be expecting to have to fork out the excess if I hadn't been to find the vehicle with camera in hand.

My previous claim where a truck and trailer unit parked on my back seat after we both tried to avoid a car who decided to make a left turn from the right hand lane at the last minute. My brakes worked fine, the trucks however didn't quite stop him in time. Unfortunate for the truck driver not his fault and he wasn't charged but was very shaken, poor chap wasn't expecting to see someone climb out of the car, the driver of the other car however was pulled over further up the motorway and they were charged.

But same service from State who paid out in just over a week at the agreed value plus all the equipment that was in the boot of my car. My Only gripe was it took a bit long for the assessor to come out to write the car off so I could be paid out.

I'm sure like everything there are mixed opinions on State Insurance. But I have had good dealings with them.

Afternoon Folks,

I am wanting to get full insurance for 87 325i vert, I'm 26 and clean driving history.

Who do you folks use? Who do you recommend? Who do you stay away from?

Appreciate the advise.

Cheers.

I recommend Swann Insurance. Your 87 e30 will qualify as classic car. You will save heaps compared to a 'normal' insurer. Also Swann have a good reputation in the repair industry I believe.

http://www.swanninsurance.co.nz/

They also advertise in NZ Classic Car.

Regards

Edited by C-130 Hercules

I've had no problems dealing with State, damn site cheaper then what AA, AMI and Tower all quoted me.

State is $425 per annum for full cover, the other 3 all quoted me over a grand (AA was the highest at a touch over $1200).

One claim so far, no problems with State, but the panelbeater did take a long time to repair it (about 6 weeks). Although in saying that, he did do an excellent job and I'd rather have a slow perfect job then a rushed average job.

i roll with NAC, full cover pay just over 700 a year

interesting! have just applied for a quote online, disclosing the minor cosmetic mods and alloys hoping this should come up cheaper than AA insures my e36 320 for :)

I've had no problems dealing with State, damn site cheaper then what AA, AMI and Tower all quoted me.

State is $425 per annum for full cover, the other 3 all quoted me over a grand (AA was the highest at a touch over $1200).

One claim so far, no problems with State, but the panelbeater did take a long time to repair it (about 6 weeks). Although in saying that, he did do an excellent job and I'd rather have a slow perfect job then a rushed average job.

After reading this i decied to ring state and have a quote done. I have had problems with them in the past and vowed never to go with them again. I was with tower and my annual was around $1100. After doing the quote with State for excatly the same policy they came in at $480 per year :huh: .

So i ring tower and say hey State just offered me this and the lady says hang on i will talk to somebody else who just happens to be a guy i have talked to before who has excatly the same car as me and they say sorry there is no way we can match that.

So end of the day tower cancelled and state hired at half the cost, Hell that will fund me two new tyres i need :D .

Edited by presso

After reading this i decied to ring state and have a quote done. I have had problems with them in the past and vowed never to go with them again. I was with tower and my annual was around $1100. After doing the quote with State for excatly the same policy they came in at $480 per year :huh: .

So i ring tower and say hey State just offered me this and the lady says hang on i will talk to somebody else who just happens to be a guy i have talked to before who has excatly the same car as me and they say sorry there is no way we can match that.

So end of the day tower cancelled and state hired at half the cost, Hell that will fund me two new tyres i need :D .

Good stuff.

I've been with State for 5 years and haven't had any problems.

The only issue is the $200 my premium increased by when I moved from Dunedin to Auckland! They didn't seem to care it is parked in a secure building and now travels less than 10,000km a year. All up I now pay about $700 for comprehensive which includes windscreen cover.