Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

"Crapiest beamer in Hastings" Aparently..

Guest FrantiC

Probably sick of all the Police bashing but f**k I can tolerate only So much before they piss me off..

So I am driving home from work tonight, 11pm. But yeah anyways I am driving casually home and drive past a police car coming the opposite way. I notice he pulls over and does a quick turn around and drives right up my ass for abit then the lights start flashing...

He comes to my window, I give him my licence and he tells me that I have a headlight out. I explained I know about it and it's a on-going problem the bulbs keep blowing. Then while I am talking to him, The other cop decides to open my passenger door and finds my bat on the ground. Yes I do have a bat in my car, But I used it to roll my guards (Lol seriously) But according to the cop thats "Bullshit" But funny how all in my front seat there is painting tape, primer and sand paper etc - Because I am currently in the process of painting my car and at the moment it is all primered as I slowly fix the dents and roll all the guards etc.

Then another cop car pulls up across the road and yells out "Did you tell him hes got a bulb out", Cop thats pulled me over replies "yeah that's why we got him", Other cop replies "Did you tell him hes got the crapiest looking beamer in hastings", Cop thats pulled me over turns to me and laughs...

f**k it's one thing to call me a liar, But to diss my pride and joy which has had Alot of effort put into it......

Next minute it turns into a battle about suspension and how my car needs a "MODIFICATION PLATE". and I am trying to explain to this guy that IT'S WITHIN LEGAL HEIGHT AND DOES NOT NEED TO BE CERTIFIED. But apparently all mods need to be put on a "MODIFICATION PLATE".

The cops were flashing their torches all through my car (This is the original "Duo" that pulled me up, Plus the guy that called my car cap), opened my bonnet and boot, rummaged through my back seats trying to find a "modification plate" which i said i DONT have. Then they started joking "Maybe hes hiding it in his glove box". Taking the piss out of everything that looked rugged in my engine bay, Asking where i got it lowered.

I had to explain to the Complete f**kwit that replacement springs and shortened shocks that are above the 100mm limit do not need to be certified and told him go to LVVTA website get his facts right before he tries to green sticker my car. So hes got my address and details and he told me hes going to check it and if I am wrong hes going to come to my house and green sticker it.

Can they just search through your car without a warrant? Or justified means?

Thats really the only thing I am pissed about, Having them search through my car and taking the piss out of everything when they don't know what the f**k they are on about. I have personally printed out the entire Low volume certification requirements and what you don't need to cert, so if he comes here I am well prepared. I will be carrying it around with me too so next time they try act like they know I am well prepared with the actual requirements.

Dumb c**ts is all I can say.

Arghhhhhhhh!

they cant search your car without a justified means.. but since he found the bat in the backseat it comes under section 202A(4a) which means if the constable has reasonable grounds to believe the vechile contains an offensive weapon they can search the car without a warrent.

pretty sh*t but I'm sure thats the reason he'd use to get away with looking through your whole car

Sounds like some of your local police are assholes,

Saying "hes got the crappiest beamer in hastings".

That'd piss me off so bad.

What you experienced with them would be upsetting... however, if you think about it....driving at night with a headlight out... you brought it on yourself.... if you know you have a problem....get a sparky to sort it out.

You were driving a vehicle on the road that was not up to WOF standard.... you cant get a WOF with a headlight not working. They were justified in stopping you for that reason & they can ticket you for that...... for the rest of it.... well, we are only hearing one side of the story and you are not allowed to carry an offensive weapon in a motor vehicle. If you have a bat in your car....make sure youve also got a ball & glove.... or have it in the boot.

BTW: Please refrain from using some of the language... really not appropriate for a public forum

Edited by *Glenn*

What you experienced with them would be upsetting... however, if you think about it....driving at night with a headlight out... you brought it on yourself.... if you know you have a problem....get a sparky to sort it out.

+1

I could also use s#*&e language about people who "knowingly" drive at night with one headlight blown and endanger the lives of others out there by not fixing it.

Guest Simon*

Hey mate that's pretty rough but at least they were laughing while they did it - could have been worse I guess.

Haven't seen your car around yet but I'll keep an eye out, it looks pretty good from your sig pic. I've definitely seen crappier Beamers in the Bay! :)

They definitely give you a good long look if your car sits low and is loud going past - I've been stopped a few times for "rego checks, etc" and often they just want to talk about the car "is it a V8? How big, how much are those rims worth, blah blah...."

Mind you one of my fave roundabouts is on Station St, 3 doors down from the Napier cop shop so ...um yeah.

Might be about time we had another Bay BS gathering

Guest FrantiC

It blew when I was at work. I couldn't really do anything about it but drive home and swap in another bulb.

But yeah I get what you mean, If they pull me over then thats fine. But to be like harassed when I was trying to be my usual "Nice" self. I have been picked on before because alot of the police around here are pricks. But it's just that they fully put my car down..

My e30 does look as per sig, It's low but not ilegally low. It has a stock exhaust, So it isn't loud at all. Right now it is primer grey though probably one reason it looks like abit of a heap. But looks aren't everything. This thing is mechanically sound, Pretty much every thing on the car you can't see is fresh and new... Just waiting on getting an m-tech2 kit before I paint it and will have a very clean e30..

Oh and sorry about the language :(

It gets better as ya get older. Suck it in and deal with. I had to and many others.

Right now it is primer grey though probably one reason it looks like abit of a heap.

Sorry but I lol'd. Its not justification for what the cop said though (he should mind his own business).

i think the language was justified lol

So do I...I would have said the same...I just wouldnt have posted it

"Get over it."

It is a primer grey eighties BMW which bounces down the street. Surely there are more important things to worry about than a cop hurting your feelings.

My e30 does look as per sig, It's low but not ilegally low. It has a stock exhaust, So it isn't loud at all.

Ya sure about that? I've seen it being thrashed around many a time and it's.....well quite loud putting it bluntly.

I was trying to be my usual "Nice" self. I have been picked on before because alot of the police around here are pricks.

Ifyou were being "nice" as you put it, usually means being difficult. Theyre only doing their job at the end of the day, and there was a genuine reason to pull you over.

The cop shouldnt be commenting on your car the way he did, was probably trying to get under your skin.

Perhaps you had been "nice" to the cop who made the comment about your car in the past???

Guest FrantiC

Ya sure about that? I've seen it being thrashed around many a time and it's.....well quite loud putting it bluntly.

Yeah you probably saw it back when it had a big bore muffler on it. I got that chopped off and it has a standard muffler on there now, Sounds more like a BMW should... And yes I used to thrash that 2L. You try driving that thing with a 3.64 diff and get power out of it at low revs <_<

I don't exactly drive around skidding everywhere, I used to drive around quickly when I used to do delivery driving for pizza hut LoL... But I have no record of speeding, or any driving offenses except for 2 applying to driving with a loud exhaust which was ages ago.

And no I have never seen the cop that commented about my car. There are alot of new Young ones around here though.

I wasn't going to say this, but your constant whinging has really wound me up. I'm sick of people on here bitching about getting attention from the Police.

You drive a primer grey 80's BMW with big wheels on it, a loud exhaust and very low springs. Isn't that just screaming out for attention? If I was a cop, I'd pull you over too! If you don't want the Police to notice you, flag your noob boy racer "mods".

Edited by Crockett

Bad luck, as Tony said it gets better as you get older… Or it could be that your cars get better as you get older and the cops stop picking on you.

Best not upset them, my bouncy prima Corolla was “marked†by the Papakura police and was pulled over at least twice a day, seven times being the record.

What’s the population of Hastings?

Very close. Google/Wiki reckons

Hastings — Population: 73,800 (June 2008 estimate)

There must be much crapier BMW’s with 50,000+ people. Based on the population of my town Papakura (about 50,000) I would say there are at least 6 BMW cruising around worse than yours appearance wise.

Coat of paint and she will look a million bucks. Over it.

Edited by Apex

Very close. Google/Wiki reckons

Hastings — Population: 73,800 (June 2008 estimate)

That figure is for the Hastings District. A heck of a lot larger than just the city of Hastings itself. Wiki is not always ya friend :P

I wasn't going to say this, but your constant whinging has really wound me up. I'm sick of people on here bitching about getting attention from the Police.

You drive a primer grey 80's BMW with big wheels on it, a loud exhaust and very low springs. Isn't that just screaming out for attention? If I was a cop, I'd pull you over too! If you don't want the Police to notice you, flag your noob boy racer "mods".

+1

Lol, i was complementing your estimation. You estimated 70000, and the actual estimation figure was 73800. Hence very close!

Lol, i was complementing your estimation. You estimated 70000, and the actual estimation figure was 73800. Hence very close!

The reason I estimated that figure was because I left Flaxmere out :lol:

Nobody whats them in their district!