Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

"Crapiest beamer in Hastings" Aparently..

Hahah thats not very nice.

And FrantiC. Yeah its just bad luck ay. I used to drive around a fairly beaten up Corona as my first car. And got pulled over at least once a week.

Its a basic rule, if your car looks sketch. The police WILL pull you over. Dont give them any excuse ay

actually I don't see how a loud car in primer grey is any cause for attention. Headlight out sure but they pulled him over asked the questions got anwsered nuff said. Maybe they should keep there opinions to themselves. Recently iv had a ticket for 55 in a 50 been pulled over for passing someone at 105 in a 100 zone because they were doing 70 (got *555'd) oh and got pulled over for doing 106 in a 100. Frankly if the police don't want the flack then maybe they need to be a lot less trivial. I think the whining is justified frankly. You are entitled to get their details and lay a complaint something that should be done more often

Ya sure about that? I've seen it being thrashed around many a time and it's.....well quite loud putting it bluntly.

People in glass houses......

Guest FrantiC

Thats the thing, I don't want my car to look Boy racer and I don't think it does, other than the fact it is "low"

I have been on this thing for a while trying to make it look like a clean example. Keeping a stock sort of look.

Anyways I have taken a little video of my car how it is and has looked for the last month.. And you can see how really "loud" it is. Exhaust is a standard 325i dual pipe from manifold to resonator to single pipe then a muffler I pulled off of a 316i at the end.

Reason for the bottle caps is this:

Posted Image

Some guy crossed the road infront of me and I swerved to avoid them and met the curb. Bent the control arm and destroyed that rim (buckled, curbed and cracked it). As well as damaging that front panel when the wheel got knocked back. Moved rear mag to the front and put bottle caps on the rear. I know that looks abit more dodgy but 1 bottlecap rim kind of leaves the car on abit of a lean.

here is the video:

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=rBf8gHWs-P4

Was wondering if you were going to come back and do a power slide into your driveway lol

Guest FrantiC

Yes, I fixed the control arm the day after it happened. Managed to pick one up local at a wreckers.

And nah my mum would kill me if she saw skid marks in her driveway LOL

True we are all quilty from time to time but im not the one pointing the hypocritical stick. Secondly keep the personnal stuff to yourself and thirdly there have been enough posts in the past two day regarding language check yours (next time its a warning)

You are driving the car around as it is in the clip you posted?? I think I can see the other side of the story now.

Back to the original topic. I think the NZ police are a mixed bunch, half are the old-school realistic copas, that will only pick you up on things that are putting other peoples safety at risk, and give you a warning you for most things other than DUI or worse. The other half are tight-arse pri*s that will do anything to enforce everything and anything that they feel is under law (whether or not it seems realisticaly a problem), and will even break it themselves becuase they feel they are more important (just yesterday as I saw a cop run an orange/red- wasn't going to a call out or anything). I've delt with both and in general feel the police arn't to bad- have got off with alot of stuff that legaly I could have been charged/ fined for. Although one time I got fined for my german plates (that arn't provided by LTSA, and every other man and his dog(european car) have) they showed the right registration, and caused no problems, apart from somwhere in new NZ legislation, plates must be approved and bought from LTSA(apparently), as in your case, this one stropey female office got lippy, am currently taking the police to court, i'll let you no the outcome on this german plate offense. Anyway, your car is going to attract attention from cops, but this is no justification for their personal and unnessacry comments, or their searching of your vehicle (this is very grey). You are allowed to carry a bat in your car, and no it doesn't have to have a ball next to it, you can carry a gun in your car if you have a license and are transporting it if you wish, and cops still can't serch your vehicle. They must have a basis to search your vehicle before they even see whats in it (i.e. if they have seen something in you car and discuss it to you, they have already began a search), if for instance there had just been a bashing down the road, and saw your car driving in the opposite direction, or had a report your vehicle was used to transport drugs- or any other belief that your car could contain evidense against you then yes they may search it. So in your case you could have required a basis for them to search your vehicle, if they didn't have one they'd have to comply, but if you disagreed on the reasoning, you may have your lawyer present while a search takes place, and you may sue if you have the grounds to do so. Unless you do have something you want to hide, or love insisting on your rights I would just let them search it, because otherwise there going to pull you up on everything and anything they can.

The more important part of your encounter I believe is the comments the police made about your vehicle. If an officer makes personal/ unrelated communication with you, that you find offensive you may also sue them, or atleast ask for the officers i.d. number and write a formal complaint. The very fact that you brought your disscussion to this forum and expressed anger are proof that you felt offended. I would have reccomeneded you asking the officer for his i.d. badge and letting him no you have felt offended by his comments, he'll probaly start being alot nicer and co-operative with you, wouldn't surprise me if he let you off and left you alone. And if not, write to the NZ police with reference to the officers i.d. and what he said, he'll get a slap on the wrist, and you'll recieve an appology letter in the maill within 2-3 weeks times, you'll feel bloody good to.

Sorry to blab on, but this thread realy interested me as I've had some similar dealings and it's amazing how angry (...I won't make a list of all the offensive words) it can make you when the people representing our justice system go beyond their jurisdiction, but at the same level have the balls to get personal and stropy. (p.s. the information I gave about dealing with police- search and siezure and so on isn't objective, it is text-book stuff and studied in first year law, probaly the most interested lecture I've been to.)

Bahaha they didn't see my e21 outside pitstop then did they :P

Ask for their badge numbers next time and write them down. They usually act properly after that, and leave you alone.

I think I know the old owner of your car. How long have you had it?

Guest FrantiC

Dude, you thrash that f**k'n poxy little red thing every time you drive it so don't be saying sh*t like that!

Although you can't really be called a boy racer though can ya?

:rolleyes:

Who was the one who spun on the havelock hill a few weeks back trying to impress a bunch of 13 y/os.

lul wut?

edit : wait nvm I see you are talking about "M3 Cab".... Atleast I hope you are because I don't remember ever spinning in havelock, I am hardly ever there. But I think I have seen his car parked somewhere around from mchardy street :blink:

Oh and another thing, Is that your yellow M3 parked down queen street across from the mad butcher etc usually?

Edited by FrantiC

Guest FrantiC

You are driving the car around as it is in the clip you posted?? I think I can see the other side of the story now.

Uhmm no that was to show how loud it is. As in to prove it's actually not that loud (according to some people it is), Sounds like any other BMW around here.....

Edited by FrantiC

Uhmm no that was to show how loud it is. As in to prove it's actually not that loud (according to some people it is), Sounds like any other BMW around here.....

Sorry my bad I thought I read that you have had to drive around with 2 bottle caps on the rear because you damaged your rims.

Guest FrantiC

Sorry my bad I thought I read that you have had to drive around with 2 bottle caps on the rear because you damaged your rims.

Yes that is correct, because someone coming towards me decided to veer over the center line and I swerved and ended up hitting the curb.

Yes that is correct, because someone coming towards me decided to veer over the center line and I swerved and ended up hitting the curb.

^_^ I shall say nothing more ^_^

lul wut?

edit : wait nvm I see you are talking about "M3 Cab".... Atleast I hope you are because I don't remember ever spinning in havelock, I am hardly ever there. But I think I have seen his car parked somewhere around from mchardy street :blink:

Oh and another thing, Is that your yellow M3 parked down queen street across from the mad butcher etc usually?

Yes it is, i'm forced to daily it now.