Sign in to follow this  
l0w320

tinting

anyone knw where to get cheap tints from??/

mirror fade to black 20% all round would b cool

anyone knw where to get cheap tints from??/

mirror fade to black 20% all round would b cool

unique tints on the shore would be the place

sound q in henderson... they are good as guys there and will look after u, and do a mint as job

Be prepared to rip them off at WOF time...

Yea what he said, legal limit is 30%. Anything below this you'll get turned away, unless you got a mate, or dodge place to go to- which isn't hard, better still get your firearms license, and you can legaly have 5%tints. I had the legal limit on and have stilled been turned away once before. IMO if your going the legal way- nothing beats tint-a-car, there stuff is quality and the guys no what there doing. There average warrenty is 10 years, any scratches, peeling, bubling etc gets replaced for free (depends on what tint). Trust me it's worth it, Ive had to windows re-tinted in my time at no cost- both had the slightest peeling in one corner and they replaced them with no questions. Also IMO 30%(midnight express/ darkest legal) is a nice shade, if you go much darker your windows stick out rather than blend in, and give that cheap g-look. Unless your cars black, in which case darker can suit, or white and you want black on white tone. My 2c.

Be prepared to rip them off at WOF time...

not if you know "good" wof places

Yea what he said, legal limit is 30%. Anything below this you'll get turned away, unless you got a mate, or dodge place to go to- which isn't hard, better still get your firearms license, and you can legaly have 5%tints. I had the legal limit on and have stilled been turned away once before. IMO if your going the legal way- nothing beats tint-a-car, there stuff is quality and the guys no what there doing. There average warrenty is 10 years, any scratches, peeling, bubling etc gets replaced for free (depends on what tint). Trust me it's worth it, Ive had to windows re-tinted in my time at no cost- both had the slightest peeling in one corner and they replaced them with no questions. Also IMO 30%(midnight express/ darkest legal) is a nice shade, if you go much darker your windows stick out rather than blend in, and give that cheap g-look. Unless your cars black, in which case darker can suit, or white and you want black on white tone. My 2c.

"""better still get your firearms license, and you can legaly have 5%tints."'"""

is this true im getting my in a week or so, so how do i get 5?% tints?

not if you know "good" wof places

This type of carry on is dumb and immature! Do you know how dangerious it is having tints that dark on your car is? Rules are put in place for a reason. For the safety of yourself and other road users.

I would assume that if you were in an accident while your illegal "tints" were in place that you would be void of any insurance?

Dumb is all I can say, but hey, what else would we expect from someone as senceless as yourself.

"""better still get your firearms license, and you can legaly have 5%tints."'"""

is this true im getting my in a week or so, so how do i get 5?% tints?

Nobhead

Tane at out West tinting.

Around $180. Mine are 20's

This type of carry on is dumb and immature! Do you know how dangerious it is having tints that dark on your car is? Rules are put in place for a reason. For the safety of yourself and other road users.

I would assume that if you were in an accident while your illegal "tints" were in place that you would be void of any insurance?

Dumb is all I can say, but hey, what else would we expect from someone as senceless as yourself.

get off your high hoarse 20% tints are hardly dangerous id be more worried about someone bouncing down the road with a desprung car than someone with darker tints, i had 20% platinums on my old car and they were perfectly fine to see out of day or night 35% are waste of money imo they barely hide anything

Hoarse? I think you mean Horse. Mate, got off it when the ark came in.

Rules are rules. Break them, pay the price.

What do you intend on hiding? Youre dvd headunit and playstation??

I agree. At night theyre pretty dangerous. I cant see a thing. I drive with my windows down 90% of the time anyway, but i got them because i like the look. During the day theyre great. No hot hot blinding sun. Its like wEAring sunnies all the time. Tints on red cars always look darker. But having 20's means i can look throough at people, but they cant look at me. Il be getting my front windscreen done also. Maybe 65%

Anyway. Tints arent really that dangerous. If youre a sh*t driver, youre a sh*t driver

Pjay, I starting reading your post. It made sence. Until I got to the part where you said you were going to tint your front windscreen....OMG! How outright f ing stupid are you?

Im going to leave this now

Im sure the people on this forum are getting stupider and stupider. Is there something in the water up there?

mite just be me, but the gun license sounds a lil more dangerous than the tints!! :ph34r: 2c.

For your information the firearms point is true... go research it yourself whoever thought it wasn't... Legislation was brought in for people with firearms lisence's to stop car's being broken into and guns stolen out the back... yes it is almost impossible to see through 5%tints. Once you got your arms license, get your tints done. When it comes to W.O.F time you just need to show proof of i.d. for firearms, and probaly fill in some form, but no biggy. Lucky timming. My uncle along with a few of my mates who go hunting assure me this is correct, makes sense to me. But please ring up and check at W.O.F or where ur getting ur license before taking my word for it.

I agree. At night theyre pretty dangerous. I cant see a thing. .........Anyway. Tints arent really that dangerous.

:huh:

Whoever thinks dark tints are dangerous and immature has problems with spreading their views. Half of the sunglasses on sale have less than 20% light rating, so yes, when your driving with your sunnies down(as alot of people do) your in effect looking through all round 20% window tints, think about that. The main reason tints were restricted wasn't because people couldn't see out of them (infact they help people see better without sunstrike and glare), but to enable other motorists to see you/ where you are looking. Next time you drive, notice how half the time you'll be looking at other drivers to see whether they look like there about to go/ pull out and so on, if you a hlaf decent driver you will always be looking at the intentions of other motorists. The tint on the front windscreen(deside it being very illegal) seems like a bloody smart idea, I hate the glare and harsh light when driving in the sun, and without the one side tinted a hell of alot of light still gets through. (but trust me, you will find its like night time in there, if all windows tinted- even at 35% very little light will get through, it would be like 5% all round but without the frint done... seriously.) Best thing I did was get a 7inch strip of tint along the top of the front windscreen- legal, gets rid of glare, and looks good.

Pjay, I starting reading your post. It made sence. Until I got to the part where you said you were going to tint your front windscreen....OMG! How outright f ing stupid are you?

Im going to leave this now

Im sure the people on this forum are getting stupider and stupider. Is there something in the water up there?

Ahhhahaha you do know that most glass from the factory is tinted 62% these days right??

So ill be no better off that my mothers honda box thing whatever its called.

My water has hops in it.

Whoever thinks dark tints are dangerous and immature has problems with spreading their views. Half of the sunglasses on sale have less than 20% light rating, so yes, when your driving with your sunnies down(as alot of people do) your in effect looking through all round 20% window tints, think about that. The main reason tints were restricted wasn't because people couldn't see out of them (infact they help people see better without sunstrike and glare), but to enable other motorists to see you/ where you are looking. Next time you drive, notice how half the time you'll be looking at other drivers to see whether they look like there about to go/ pull out and so on, if you a hlaf decent driver you will always be looking at the intentions of other motorists. The tint on the front windscreen(deside it being very illegal) seems like a bloody smart idea, I hate the glare and harsh light when driving in the sun, and without the one side tinted a hell of alot of light still gets through. (but trust me, you will find its like night time in there, if all windows tinted- even at 35% very little light will get through, it would be like 5% all round but without the frint done... seriously.) Best thing I did was get a 7inch strip of tint along the top of the front windscreen- legal, gets rid of glare, and looks good.

Because you drive at night with your sunglasses on :huh:

Ahhhahaha you do know that most glass from the factory is tinted 62% these days right??

So ill be no better off that my mothers honda box thing whatever its called.

My water has hops in it.

Ohhhhh, really? Was not aware they factory tinted windscreens <_<

Edited by 3 SERIES

Because you drive at night with your sunglasses on :huh:

Ohhhhh, really? Was not aware they factory tinted windscreens <_<

Well now you know then ;) A buddies BZR is so incredibly dark its windows it blend in with the black paint. The windscreen is also tinted (from factory) but not as dark as the other windows.

Its 65%. Not much at all.

Was just thinking that, who drives in the middle of the night with sunglasses on? And if you did you couldn't see sh*t!

This guy always gets personal I think just Ignore him or report his immature posts

This guy always gets personal I think just Ignore him or report his immature posts

Lets not all add fuel to the fire.

Play nice.

Guest FrantiC

I wouldn't get less than 35%. I have seen numerous times people pulled over and cops making them rip their tints off then and there.

35% and be done with it -_-