Sign in to follow this  
l0w320

tinting

I wouldn't get less than 35%. I have seen numerous times people pulled over and cops making them rip their tints off then and there.

35% and be done with it -_-

lol are u serious? they make u rip them off right there on the spot? :o

Best thing I did was get a 7inch strip of tint along the top of the front windscreen- legal, gets rid of glare, and looks good.

I thought the legal size was 100mm??

I had a Blazer for a little while that had 5% tints that were factory in the glass. Can't say it was dangerous, but i wouldn't have gone that dark if i had a choice. Iv got 35% at the moment and thats dark enough, plus legal.

mirror fade to black 20% all round would b cool

FAIL

But Unique tints do them.

I seriously don't see the point in going any darker than 35%. If you want it darker use sunglasses. IMO 35% is dark enough. I don't want to be the person who plows into your drivers door and puts you in a wheel chair just because "you couldn't see me bro".

IMO mods like illegally tinted windows, cut springs/illegally lowered and tyre stretch (another pet hate - also believe it should be illegal but well off topic) should carry minimum 28 days loss of licence and car impounded. My reasoning for this is that you have willingly put the lives of other people at risk. You also blatantly disregarded the rules with which you attained your licence and drove the car on the road. I don't see why people can't see the rules and just accept them or go through the proper channels to correct what you obviously see as a problem with the system.

Just to add my 2c worth.

My work van is 35% tints on the passenger and drivers windows - I was told (by Tint-a-car) this is legally as dark as you are allowed to go on the front windows. My rear and side windows in back of the van are 5% - and this is bloody dark. I think some people call them limo tints. The only reason I was allowed to go this dark is because I am carrying goods and the vehicle is a van. Most MA class vehicles (passenger) are only allowed 35% tints - its written in the WOF requirements.

I really can't be bothered throwing around insults and debating the pros and cons. I see plenty of terrible advice on the forums and have come to the opinion that if people are silly enough to believe this so-called 'advice' from so-called 'experts', then they deserve all the grief they get when it goes pear-shaped!

cheers :)

lol are u serious? they make u rip them off right there on the spot? :o

Where have you been all your life! Happened to me, when I had 5% tints (IN DEFENCE I BOUGHT THE CAR LIKE THAT OKAY!).

Police pulled me over, asked me to remove my tints or I'd get an instant $150 fine. I was like "Uh sure, but can you show me how to pull them off??"

P.s My "5%" tints were actually measured with the lazer at 3%. Woh! Cos BMDUBS quoted earlier cars come out with factory tint.

I thought the legal size was 100mm??

Yupp. 10cm/100mm. The dude at the WOF place said to me either those measurements or where the bottom of your sun visor thingy-ma-bob sits against hard on your windscreen. I'll hold that against him!

tint it wif a black spray can auh <_<:wacko:

Edited by ED1RTY

No disrespect to any one but........35 percent is LAW (on passenger cars) so why do people even bother tryin' to go darker. When they get pulled up for the tints and given a fine or told to remove them then the cops are the w#*nkers, FFS when are some people goin' to wake up.

Keep ignoring the law and they will just get tougher. My 2 cents.

I agree. At night theyre pretty dangerous. I cant see a thing. I drive with my windows down 90% of the time anyway, but i got them because i like the look. During the day theyre great. No hot hot blinding sun. Its like wEAring sunnies all the time. Tints on red cars always look darker. But having 20's means i can look throough at people, but they cant look at me. Il be getting my front windscreen done also. Maybe 65%

Anyway. Tints arent really that dangerous. If youre a sh*t driver, youre a sh*t driver

This whole thread = FAIL

35% is the LAW.. dont go round it, dont go through it. I have 35s and people still say that they are dark! Get OVER it, dark tints are for people driving mazda luce's and the like... If you want 5% tints sell your bimmer, WE DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!

why the f**k would you tint your front screen you d*ck

/rant

Edited by SIR E30

Did you not read that they come factory tinted.

Everyone stop whinging.

Going back to who ever asked about tint-a-car prices... cheapest (which is 35% MIDNIGHT) =$400-450 on average, thats there cheapest tint they offer- no where near as cheap as '250'. But they do a perfect job, and ten year warrenty's good.

20% are sweet everyone eles is whinge whinge /thread

Yea I agree with you, people don't ask questions on this forum and want you telling them whether its legal or not, and how much of a perfect law abiding citizen you are... I'm sure most people no what the darkest legal is.. heard it more than once on tint-a-car adds. I'm surprised everyone is so strict by the book, wouldn't expect it here.

[edit] We dont appreciate xenophobic comments on Bimmersport, keep those opinions to yourself.

Edited by Penry

Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints Ive got 20% tints

OMG LOCK ME UP!

I'm surprised everyone is so strict by the book, wouldn't expect it here.

You think we should be condoning illegal behaviour instead then ?

What a stupid comment to make.

well not condoning.. just being less serious about it, it is only the internet don't forget, im not getting into to any argument just stating my opinion thats all

You think we should be condoning illegal behaviour instead then ?

What a stupid comment to make.

Ahhh no, don't twist words, you don't have to condone it, just don't bring it into the equation... Whever somone wants to put darker tints than their 'allowed' on their car is their buisness not yours/ ours.. its doesn't affect you, nor did they ask for your opinion, I didn't ask for it either. Btw it's a fine line between being considered 'illegal' and just bending rules... its not in statute, simply a reccomendation required to pass a warrent of fitness... seriously mayby your just an old man but you make me laugh taking something such as dark tints so seriously... I think your comment was the more stupid one to make. Get real.

[edit] We dont appreciate xenophobic comments on Bimmersport, keep those opinions to yourself.

Learn what xenophobia is before using such a big word... relating something negative with a culture or race isn't xenophobia... having an intense dislike for one such group immigrating/ coming into your country is. Hmmm somone needs to moderate the moderators, get rid of some if these dimwits.

[edit] welcome to the wonderful world of the warning system. Let me know if it needs explaining.

Edited by Penry

If you had spent more time at school learning how to spell and understand not to make disparaging comments about other nationalities this thread would still be open.

Sadly you didn't.