Sign in to follow this  
rjac001

M3 E30 only 22 Grand

Yeah, but it needs a full respray, and some cosmetic work - not hard to push it up to the same price as all the others which appear to have been better looked after.

oh, Plus freight - theres a few grand.

It seems there's no such thing as a cheap e30 m3.

Edited by bravo

Asking Price is 22K so obviously its negotiable, So Real market value where looking at 18 on the spot Cash and I have been quoted around 350 dollars to import to NZ via shipping.

Asking Price is 22K so obviously its negotiable, So Real market value where looking at 18 on the spot Cash and I have been quoted around 350 dollars to import to NZ via shipping.

$350??? Where is that quote from?

$350??? Where is that quote from?

add another 0 I reacon - certainly by the time youvé gone through all the BS this end

I thought e30 m3s were for chicks and asians?

oh and people who cant drive!

Still cant get over those comments

While your at it.. 2002

bom-chikka-wow-wow!!!!

This post created with the help of the "pull random figures out of my butt" calculator ™

This post created with the help of the "pull random figures out of my butt" calculator

lol

From memory E30 M3's were only worth 10k last week! Looks theyre appreciating at a great rate of knots.

Industrial Freight Via NZ shipping Co

Before we go too much further...

Is that price of $350 just for the shipping. Don't forget to add on the customs entry, shipping documentation fees, BAF, cost to take it into the port, etc. $350 is about right for the actual cost of carrying it on the ship, it's the ports and customs that sting you. check with your contact at the shipping co. what is covered and who is picking up the other costs.

Plus good old Import duty and GSt at this end, charged at market value in NZ NOT what you paid for it in Aussie!

I have contacted the guy about this car and will have a peak if it's still available when I am next in Melbourne. My first opinion is that if it's in that kind of state paint wise the mechanicals are not likely to have been looked after, and will need lots of replacements to bring up to scratch. For me, this is not an issue as I am looking for a race car project so would replace lots anyways.

About $25k NZ for a rough example I would say is about market rate....

Before we go too much further...

Is that price of $350 just for the shipping. Don't forget to add on the customs entry, shipping documentation fees, BAF, cost to take it into the port, etc. $350 is about right for the actual cost of carrying it on the ship, it's the ports and customs that sting you. check with your contact at the shipping co. what is covered and who is picking up the other costs.

Plus good old Import duty and GSt at this end, charged at market value in NZ NOT what you paid for it in Aussie!

I have contacted the guy about this car and will have a peak if it's still available when I am next in Melbourne. My first opinion is that if it's in that kind of state paint wise the mechanicals are not likely to have been looked after, and will need lots of replacements to bring up to scratch. For me, this is not an issue as I am looking for a race car project so would replace lots anyways.

About $25k NZ for a rough example I would say is about market rate....

Hay if thats what you want then go for it I'm Just saying offer him 18K dont pay 30 or 45 like some people are wanting!

I know you don't think much of e30 m3 prices, but remember they were produced in very limited numbers (even less made it to nz), they were pretty much race cars modified for the road, not the other way around, they are usually looked after very well, and they go like cut cats. Very much a quasi-super car/touring car in its time rivalling the best from Porsche and abslutely whipping mercedes and the like.

When I first got into the BMW scene early this decade, a good m3 in top condition was approaching the $50k mark. They did a slight drop with the influx of japanese ones brought in by the likes of TWR at the sort of prices you mention, but these prices were for, at the time, unregisterable examples as they didn't comply with frontal impact regulations, and were not yet old enough to be exempted under the 20 year rule. The TWR cars could, for all intents and purposes, only be used as collectors cars to be garaged and trailered to shows, or as classic race cars. The former use was unlikely considering the general low-grade of the cars being imported.

These cars can still not be registered today without first being exported and then reimported, and then if they are LHD, they need to be owned overseas for a period first to get around the LHD import rule, and if they have been converted to RHD they need to go through a fairly rigorous certification process, the costs of which will put the price of the car at least back up to the NZ equivalent.

Finally we come to the economic rules governing the exchange of any property - the value is whatever a willing buyer is prepared to pay a willing seller, and even with the current recession, there are willing buyers prepared to pay the prices being asked.

Case closed.

Agreed Well put, You know your stuff I'll give you that! There Is always a bargin to be had out there I'm just saying look around make an offer and see what happens! Cash is King, Who knows what you may Find...

BTW I think E30 M3 are great just a little overpriced, ie not the best investment around! unless you Pick one up for a steal

This post pretty much sums it up.

have seen this car listed in aus also ..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BMW-M3-E30-Your-cha...%3A1|240%3A1318

$13,000Aud start price ($16,242.11 NZD)

seems he would go a fair amount lower than you have estimated. Plus paint is rough as guts, would need a full respray not to mention there may be hidden rust.

Also im fairly sure theres more fees for importing, Maf fee , import tax , shipping charge, charge to get car from melbourn to the boat, plus normally you need to be a registered importer and have a customs broker and pay the broker also. I know i need all these things just to import parts.

Edited by 323e30

BTW I think E30 M3 are great just a little overpriced, ie not the best investment around! unless you Pick one up for a steal

An I have to agree with this too. Hi-tek (above) knows this first hand, and is more qualified than either of us to comment considering he only recently bought his, and at quite a good price. He then spent the time and $$ to tidy it up and has ended up with a stunning car for less than "market value".

have seen this car listed in aus also ..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BMW-M3-E30-Your-cha...%3A1|240%3A1318

$13,000Aud start price ($16,242.11 NZD)

seems he would go a fair amount lower than you have estimated. Plus paint is rough as guts, would need a full respray not to mention there may be hidden rust.

Also im fairly sure theres more fees for importing, Maf fee , import tax , shipping charge, charge to get car from melbourn to the boat, plus normally you need to be a registered importer and have a customs broker and pay the broker also. I know i need all these things just to import parts.

Great Finally we are getting to the core of E30 M3 Prices Im Glad somebody agrees with me!

grab one for a good price now because in less than a decade they will be collectibles and demand a much higher price tag, as buyers are more willing to pay to get "what they have always wanted".

The BMW E30 M3 remains one of the most influencial cars in the history of motorsport and motorvehicle production engineering.

Anyone selling one now, my heart goes to them as they are obviously in some kind of financial trouble or newly married to have to sell it. I can only see prices appreciating and If i won lotto or even instant kiwi, you know what the first thing I would buy would be!

I think I need to take a trip to Napier soon, my E30 M3 urge is back andI need to touch a proper one.