Sign in to follow this  
cainchapman

Teretonga Classic meeting

wow looks like they get a good field down there, how come they dont come to the puki meets? :) its only a skip and a hop away

wow looks like they get a good field down there, how come they dont come to the puki meets? :) its only a skip and a hop away

Has anyone has invited them?

yeah, HRC has in the past but the south islanders expect for HRC to pay there travel cost's, and the extra crowds the south island cars would attract would not outweigh the cost

And conversely, hardly any of the North Island cars can be bothered traveling to the decent classic meetings.

Conrad made the effort. Well done mate. Tracks are more fun to drive down there too.

Some nice photos there.

yeah, HRC has in the past but the south islanders expect for HRC to pay there travel cost's, and the extra crowds the south island cars would attract would not outweigh the cost

I'm on the SI Race committee and am not aware of that. There are a few of us who are keen to make a trip up, though most probably for a Manfeild meeting at some stage (if you'll have us!) but happy to do this under our own steam i.e. no expectation for contributions towards costs. In other words, on the same basis as the North Islanders who attend S.I. meetings.

Our of interest, who or what is HRC? Maybe you could PM me some details of who they've been talking to and I'll follow up this end.

Cheers