Sign in to follow this  
cainchapman

That will buff right out.

Yes, I'm all good.

Guess I won't make the track day on Friday.

Can I bring the VW? Are diesel wagons allowed? More aerodynamic, so Volvo reckoned.

Damn that is a nasty crash!!

Great youré ok. Bummer on the car - yes thay can be replaced but not always with what you had. Hope the insurance company now acknowledge & pay out on it's rarity accordingly

Agreed Value. I'll be fine.

But thanks for all the concern. Great advertisement for how well built they are.

Sorry to hear about the car man. Least your all good.

Sadly one less Calypso Red Beast on here

Testament to the strength of a BMW (and an old one too), that was a 100kph head on into the wall. I haven't even got a bruise.

Glad your OK Cain...pity about the car

Were you being naughty ???

Market Road is a 50kph zone and 100kph is a bit fast coming up an off ramp to a compulsory stop in the wet ??

I just showed my parents this thead.

Ha. Mum wants to put the ford on trademe and buy a BMW.

Enough said.

Thank goodness you were wearing a seatbelt!

Im glad Im driving a e34 everyday... but man... thats one less idol for me with that car gone... sad.

Yes, I'm all good.

Guess I won't make the track day on Friday.

Can I bring the VW? Are diesel wagons allowed? More aerodynamic, so Volvo reckoned.

We can race our tractors Cain :) All going well at work I will be there with my e36 on Friday.

Buy the car back and rebuild it into another body. How bad is the engine?? I'd happily help you do it. Although they're never the same car again.

X2. I have done this with a previous car and the end result was quite satisfying.

You could choose your own colour etc… BMW 540i Cain Individual.

Sh*t just saw this now, that's a nasty hit, glad you're ok Cain, good call on not heading down the bridge to the tracks... Your car was so nice, it's a real pity.

Cruise control didn't disengage as I hit the brake coming off at Market Rd heading North. Hit the brakes 3 more times. No slowing down.

Decided to yank the handbrake on and drive it into the very small piece of the bridge able to withstand the impact. Inertia spun the car and I hit the pole in the intersection with the right hand rear and the front swung a round and mounted the kerb.

Taadaa. Dismount complete and successful.

Cruise control didn't disengage as I hit the brake coming off at Market Rd heading North. Hit the brakes 3 more times. No slowing down.

Decided to yank the handbrake on and drive it into the very small piece of the bridge able to withstand the impact. Inertia spun the car and I hit the pole in the intersection with the right hand rear and the front swung a round and mounted the kerb.

Taadaa. Dismount complete and successful.

I was going to ask you if you had cruise control on... did the cable come out of the grommet on the throttle body and keep the car running at 1/4 throttle?? or was it the CC motor ??

I know its hard to think fast when it happens, but did you try jumping on the clutch???

That would be bloody scary, hope all pans out ok.

Cruise can be dangerous, I have nearly rear ended a few people in the Vectra due to an accidental tap of the stalk (it’s located on the indicator stalk) which increased in increments of 10kph and flaws it!

yup had my one in my hartge 535i e34 stay on , but i noticed it early on ,on the motorway . so just dipped teh clutch and watched the revs sit at about 3000rpm

Hi Guys, the AA wouldn't negotiate me buying the car back.

I believe it is at Turners Damaged Vehicle auction tomorrow.

Have fun. Let me know where it goes.

Hi Guys, the AA wouldn't negotiate me buying the car back.

What was there reasoning for that Cain? Surely they dont care where the money comes from and surely they would give you first refusal.

Is it not a common thing in NZ to be able to buy back a written off car?

Edited by Penry

It's there alright, but no pic and listed as an auto. If you go to the cin card and check the vin it shows as a manual. Almost as if someone's playing silly buggers?