Sign in to follow this  
Brad.Holland

318 TI Lowering

Hey i had my 318 TI Lowered from Mag & Turbo Manakau, they did the worst job ever IMO and lowered my car so much that it was 12mm lower than the legal limit, anyway i still have my Super lows Springs and i just want to know if there are any tricks or things i can buy that will let me lower it but not That much i just want it to be low but still make it over the speed bumps without looking like a fool going sideways if u know what i mean.

Talk to Keith at H&R Ph. 021378902

You will need a combination of E36 4 cylinder front springs and E30 rear springs. Which is what I have on mine

I would go back to Mag and Turbo and get them to fix it...if you paid for it and they lowered it TOO low...surely it's their fault and it's their obligation to fix it.

Failing that, do as Glenn suggested.

Mag and Turbo are obliged by law to remedy the problem. If they fail to do that, you should get your money back. Consumer Guarantees Act is a wonderful thing! You can quote all sorts of parts from it - goods not fit for purpose etc

If you fail on getting them to do it, and want a cheap alternative for the time being so you don't get in trouble, Racelign do a 15mm rubber spacer that sits between the top of your spring locater and the spring. Will give you the 15mm you need. Don't really know what it does for handling, but worked wonders for WOFS when I was rangi.

If you fail on getting them to do it, and want a cheap alternative for the time being so you don't get in trouble, Racelign do a 15mm rubber spacer that sits between the top of your spring locater and the spring. Will give you the 15mm you need. Don't really know what it does for handling, but worked wonders for WOFS when I was rangi.

What sort of cost is involved with these spacers, and dose any1 know what it will do to drive quaility, cose i want my car lower but not sacked on its nuts, but i also dont want to have to buy new springs and shocks and new tyres due to camber.

As I said earlier take it back to Mag and Turbo and get them to remedy it. They cannot back out of it, if you simply asked them to lower your car. They are obliged by law to fix the problem as they have illegally lowered the car! Tell them that they have failed their obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act. Also go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and they will be able to help you out with the relevant sections of the Consumer Guarantees Act. Good luck.

Edited by zenetti

Do what Johno has suggested and get back to Mag and Turbo. Whats the point of doing anything else if they dont fix what theyve done?

Anything else you do is just making it hard for yourself.

i have brought a project car e36 328i and it has king springs in it . looked up part numbers listed as super low for 6cyl models and low for 4cyl models , has failed wof because it is too low . 70mm from chasis rails . it does have the wrong profile tyre on teh front , but even if i change that to teh correct size will still be about 90mm .will still fail wof ,

How can these importers , retailers sell this crap .

i had same problem with my e28 M535i with 2 brands of springs (J brand and H brand ), both too low (didn't get picked on at testing station but was about 90mm) but i ended up having to change them twice now .

very <_<

As I said earlier take it back to Mag and Turbo and get them to remedy it. They cannot back out of it, if you simply asked them to lower your car. They are obliged by law to fix the problem as they have illegally lowered the car! Tell them that they have failed their obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act. Also go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and they will be able to help you out with the relevant sections of the Consumer Guarantees Act. Good luck.

Sorry i should have posted sooner, they did put in my old springs back in and reset it back to normal, but now i have springs i cant use with out modding so i just wanted to know if there was a way i could use them and still be leagal,

Sorry i should have posted sooner, they did put in my old springs back in and reset it back to normal, but now i have springs i cant use with out modding so i just wanted to know if there was a way i could use them and still be leagal,

Did they give you your money back? Under the Consumer Guarantees Act they have to either fix the problem or give you your money back. Obviously the springs are too low so they should have put another brand in, or taken the springs back and given you your money back.