Sign in to follow this  
jjs

ALWAYS do a credit check before buying a car!

I'm also a member of VASK and came across this post. The poor guy bought an Audi RS2 privately and has now been repoed (and will appear at Turners repo auction next week) as the previous owner who is now bankrupt still had a lot of money outstanding on it.

No matter how many people try and help and what avenues are looked at, there is nothing really that the poor guy can do.

MORAL OF THE STORY - when purchasing a used car privately, always do VIR or CarJam search to see if any money is owing.

VASK Link

(E: can someone please tidy up my subtitle) Done

Edited by Simon*

This is why you should buy off a dealer, because they MUST gaurantee unencumbered title to each vehicle that they sell.

i straight swaped a car over before and there was 8 g owing on the car lucky i got all the details off carjam and rung the guys finance company and said this is none of my business etc..phewww

a desperate one, obviously

Guest Spottswoode

Anyone know the cars rego so we can keep an eye out for it? I've always wanted an RS2 and don't want to get my fingers burnt.

Anyone know the cars rego so we can keep an eye out for it? I've always wanted an RS2 and don't want to get my fingers burnt.

the car is on turners website... its 1 of the best examples in NZ, it was on show last year at Concourse, Ellerslie Race course.

You can't get burnt on it, the finance company is selling it. $1 on the PPSR (Companies Website) would have shown finance owing. It is a harsh lesson, the guy selling simply took the money and never repaid his debt.