Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

2009 Geneva: BMW Concept 5-Series Gran Turismo - Bangle leaves his mar

Posted Image

The new BMW Concept 5-Series Gran Turismo is one of the last vehicles of Chris Bangle who recently resigned his position of design head at the Munich automaker. Nonetheless, the design is here to stay and BMW is displaying the new PAS (Progressive Activity Sedan) at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show.

BMW is known for offering concepts that are really close to their final production version - and the Concept 5-Series Gran Turismo is no exception. The production version will make its debut at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show in Sept. and will go on sale shortly after in early 2010.

The production version is expected to be offered with a choice of a 272-hp naturally aspirated engine and an updated 326-hp 3.0L twin-turbo 6-cylinder in the U.S.

Click through for the high-res image gallery.

2009 Geneva Motor Show: BMW Concept 5-Series Gran Turismo:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

+1. Homos.

But we will see one in the flesh with out the GT badge (de-badged option) in black and will like it .. such is the way with BMW.

Here we go again…

BMW's haven’t looked good since insert old model member drives :P

Im more concerned about the less than premium feel of the current 1 and 3, drove a few new ones today and they were no better than a Mazda 6.

The new 7 is :wub:

I recall everyone (including myself) denounce the E60 when it came out. Today, i love it and think that its a gorgeous car...

Now for this one? It looks like the bastard child of an Reliant Scimitar GTE (with SE4 DNA) and an Austin Allegro.

I recall everyone (including myself) denounce the E60 when it came out.

Not me, Ive loved it ever since I first got to drive one in the UK when they came out. Fully kitted I think they are one of the best looking cars out there.

Not me, Ive loved it ever since I first got to drive one in the UK when they came out. Fully kitted I think they are one of the best looking cars out there.

X2. Miss mine sorely.

It like that girl you wished you never dumped.

Keep the mags. Try something else with whats left..

Mags are wicked, interior is awesome, the lines of a Prius at the rear end its gross but not a complete failure, But I just dont see why someone would buy it.

I'll have a look at it tomorrow in the flesh and let you know :-)