Sign in to follow this  
mixja

Best BMW Workshop In Auckland

Bellars Motor Works

Unit 2/3 Vega Place off Constellation Dve Mairangi Bay Auckland

0-9-478 7011

Andrew: Talk to Ken. Great guy and ex-BMW so knows his stuff.

BM Workshop

Grey Lynn

0508 349269

Grant: They looked after my E30 well once I moved to Auckland

JP: Took my e30 in, came out with a large dent on the bonnet which they would not own up too. NOT HAPPY!

Botany Motor Worx

East Auckland

0800 269 583

E30stz/Andy: would recommend Glenn and the team down there

M325is/Shelley: Prompt and helpful service and parts

All are Highly recommended. Glenn from Botany Motor Works is on the forum, PM him if you would like any info.

BM Workshop Botany - Owned by Ross Lamb who was the ex Manager at BM Workshop Grey Lynn. Great mechanic and great guy. Has a great team working for him too. Has been working on my cars for nearly 10 years. Very knowledgeable.

(09) 271 6636

Granted I've only ever tried 3 european workshops around Auckland I can't really comment on the others but once I had my car serviced at Botany motor worx I was happy that I was getting excellent service, reasonable prices and good piece of mind at the end of the day. haven't looked back. Would recommend.

Botany Motor Worx if your in the area. Definately worth the peace of mind knowing uncle glenn is on the job. Other than that BM Workshop on K Rd has a good set up, if thats easier to travel to.

Guest bimabro

+1 for BM workshop, very well organised group of knowlegable guys- never been there when they havn't known what needs doing and rung me at lunch the same day I dropped in. Fair prices. Talk to Guido.

On Gt North Rd, not K.

3words and 3 words only......

BOTANY

MOTOR WORX!!!

edit for spelling

Edited by zenetti

Bellars Motor Werks (Ken) BM Workshop Grey Lynn (Guido) BM Workshop Botany (Ross) are all excellent workshops run by very reputable owners and staff... so all of you have a great choice, dependant on the area you live in. All 4 of us are friends and try to give the BMW community a fair go with service and costs.

All you have to do is take your pick. We are all independant repair facilities.

Edit: Thanks for the nice comments :D

Edited by *Glenn*

+ 1 for Botany Motor Worx - glenn is very honest and will go out of his way to help.

Theas also Barvarian Motors in Glenfield

Theas also Barvarian Motors in Glenfield

Yes there is. Ernst used to work for me (another friend). Ernst tends to work on the older models and has a huge talent...especially with E30's. Hes also involved with the E30 series racing

+1 for Ernst (Bavarian) also.

Edited by bravo

+2 for Ernst as well, especially gearboxes.

Guest Ari Gold

+3 for Ernst.

Also, I'd like to recommend people keep their cars away from Parnell Motors.

If I drove a late model BMW I would head to BMW themselves, they have all the latest equipment for your vehicle and most likely charge the same as most of these independent guys, in some cases less from what I have worked out.

If I drove a late model BMW I would head to BMW themselves, they have all the latest equipment for your vehicle and most likely charge the same as most of these independent guys, in some cases less from what I have worked out.

they do however charge $95+ an hour as opposed to about $70.00+ at these indepdent places.

BMW tends to charge you to 'look' at an issue & the indepedents just look at it without charge & gives you an opinion/recommendation of what's wrong.

Sorry Graham... you are wrong... very wrong

I have never had anything looked at for free by any mechanic you must have a nice way of asking.

Regarding late model BMW’s, how many of these independent guys can actually “look†at the car properly? If BMW can simply plug your 06 550i or 335i into there diagnostic scanner and find the fault there is going to be less time spent manual trouble shooting and intern less hours charged out.

A car maintained by BMW will also be more appealing come resale time, service carried out by a non agent would sagest the owner is thrifty and may not have used genuine parts.

If its an older BMW or a simple oil change I agree by all means use an independent agent.

Its not that simple.. you dont just plug in and get an answer. The problem independants have, is not checking and diagnosing, its fixing or recoding. BMW AG has online coding, for new control units & updates for all warranty purposes. If an independant does it and the control unit fails to respond or install, the units rutted. Even BMW will get you to sign a disclaimant before they will do some of these repairs. So much for technology and if you check their time/ charged unit prices, I think you'll find they charge $120 an hr + Gst and I've heard its going up soon, just like all our European parts suppliers.., about 20% across the board increase on european spare parts

BTW: I'm getting an E65 sorted out for a customer.. $4,000 to turn the airbag light off, make the handbrake work and fix a slight air leak on the engine.. by an BMW agent..... Christ I luv my little E36 Compact & my Nissan Xtrail

Edited by *Glenn*

Im not poo pooing your business Glenn, im simply pointing out what others maybe haven’t considered.

My answer was pertaining to new BMW’s, the fellow that asked the question drives an 07 335i, BMW’s technicians are trained up on these new vehicles and service/maintain and check them every week and are able to efficiently work on them.

I have never owned a new BMW but have family that have, just going off their experience witch has been very pleasant with BMW.

Going off subject here. And its got nothing to do with what you have said Graham. But half the people on here that own BMW's have no idea of what is involved in repairing a BMW properly, with a repair warranty and using the correct parts. All they do is look at the $$. and grizzle if it costs more than $5. I have $57,000 worth of diagnostic equipment... I need more. I'm looking at about another $25,000 to upgrade soon.. so I can say to people ... your new car has a blown fuse, blown headlight bulb, or your battery might have dropped its surface charge and thats why the airbag light has come on. Christ on some of these new cars if the battery goes flat you have to keep the car in the workshop for 2-3 days to recharge, recode and tell the car the battteries recharged

It's 3 words, hahah.

+1 for Bellars Motor Works, if you're on the shore.

haha I wasn't sure, I started with 3 words but changed it to 2! Have edited it now for the spelling police :D

Thanks for the feedback, I've actually got a new M3 (V8) and looking to get the following aftermarket parts installed:

• Springs
  • Down Pipes
  • Crank Pulley
  • Final Drive Differential (to be done at a later date)
I've used Qualitat European in the past when I had an Audi RS4 but they didn't do a good job on an exhaust install (ended up getting my dealer to straighten it up) so I'm put off them. Edited by mixja