Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Bogan M3

Are you insured with the same insurance company your parents use? Cos that helps too.

Nope I had to go with NAC, other places were going to be over $2k a year... :wacko:

Yeah, NAC insured me with full insurance on the race car for under a grand a year... just, but thats not really even close to an M3 lol... No-one else would toucj it cos the modifications are worth more than the car in the first place :(

Well I'm 18, restricted license, a few demerits <_< and first time insured under my name

I pay $1200 a year with $900 excess... Just thought RJS may be able to save a few dollars

Nah its allright I dont pay for anything on my car, parents are great.

Guest Ari Gold

E39 M5's drop to 1200 per year full coverage in December for me :D Oh yes :D

thanks for your input, but of course one would check before buying.... stoke with my broker he had a figure in mind for the premium which wasnt bad.. then when he looked into it further and let me know today it was a mad mission!

I'm still in auckland.

Yes sorry wasn't meaning to come off offensive hope you didn't take it that way :) I've done it before, 17 years old with a CRX, bought it, tried to get insurance and the only place that would say yes was ~2200 premium + 1500 excess, and this was back in 1999! I ended up getting it through a place called AON Risk insurance, they gave me a pretty good price for 3rd party but I'm guessing you'll want more than that on this :)

How long are you staying around in AK for? If you end up driving it down to Otago pm me, I'm in wellington and I made a comment earlier in this thread that if the car was in Wellington I'd be round in a heartbeat to check it out. I've effectively sold my current car today (received a deposit from the buyer) so I could be rather tempted...

Scott

As i said before that i had the listing for my 328 still on trademe so just changed it up for the m3.. i realy dont want to sell it.. just wanted to see how easy it would have been to and seems to be easy with 50 people watching it on there! cant fault the car at all am stoked with it!!

but as i PM with atta 'crazyarab' he said he had no insurance on his and got away with it ok.. im thinking ill tempt fate and try that/ 3rd party fire and theft..

but you will all be happy to know the car is returning to factory.. as soon as i can find the bits.. spend $2280 on insurance... ? or replace all the sh*t on my car.. i pick the car!!

"scottr" i wasnt offended. and wont be driving through wellington ive gota job in auckland now so not going home..