Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Bogan M3

Hamish - when you pop back in. How much are you wanting for the M3?

Hey guys! I bought the car yes and its wicked, cant fault it at all! but i cant get insurance for it :( after smashing the 328 no one is interested! can anyone suggest anything? not even NAC will do it!

i really dont want to sell the m3, but i had the listing for my 328 so thought id change it and see if there would be some interest in the m3 still.

I see someone has offered a trade already?

Yea have a broker working on it, but there nothing short of useless... cause there just a middleman no offense to anyone on here that is one!

but am still working on it, my premium will be huge is all, but if someone else realy wanted the car there is an opportunity to have it. im still in auckland aswell.

Zeitgeist:

Yea there has been someone offer a trade, howd you know that i havent answered the question! because im not interested in someones mothers rav four being traded through his sisters account kaka. you dont gota job see!

Yea have a broker working on it, but there nothing short of useless... cause there just a middleman no offense to anyone on here that is one!

but am still working on it, my premium will be huge is all, but if someone else realy wanted the car there is an opportunity to have it. im still in auckland aswell.

Zeitgeist:

Yea there has been someone offer a trade, howd you know that i havent answered the question! because im not interested in someones mothers rav four being traded through his sisters account kaka. you dont gota job see!

hahaha that was full accident! she was logged in......

just heard back from my insurance broker....... "The annual premium is $2286.85 with a $1600 excess with a windscreen excess of $150 and burglary/theft excess of $5000 and cover is limited to you driving the car." hmmm that sounds very reasonable if i had money to pay that haha. anyone else think thats a little expensive?

Thats sh*t. Insure it under someone else with you as a nominated driver

haha yea thats what I thought, that just gets too messy dude have tried that with another car i owned! and living at the other end of the country to my family, id have to be the fulltime driver on paper..

thanks for the thought though.

You could try classiccover.co.nz .

Its way cheaper than usual but there are some requirements

ie car garaged,mileage stipulated etc & I'm guessing ur under 25 so maybe an issue but still worth a go-you can get a quote online.

cheers for that, my broker tried every option i made sure of that..

not overly keen to sell tho! i still had the listing on trademe from my last car so just changed it for the m3.

Guest Ari Gold

That's insane for a 9 year old car.

You'd probably get cheaper on a brand new 335i

Edited by Ari Gold

cheers for that, my broker tried every option i made sure of that..

not overly keen to sell tho! i still had the listing on trademe from my last car so just changed it for the m3.

Man that's soo unfortunate about the insurance, but it probably really shoulda been something that was checked prior to buying the car :)

I see it's an auction, I'll be watching... :) oh wait you're in otago, auckland was closer. :/

Man that's soo unfortunate about the insurance, but it probably really shoulda been something that was checked prior to buying the car :)

I see it's an auction, I'll be watching... :) oh wait you're in otago, auckland was closer. :/

thanks for your input, but of course one would check before buying.... stoke with my broker he had a figure in mind for the premium which wasnt bad.. then when he looked into it further and let me know today it was a mad mission!

I'm still in auckland.

i feel marginally bad about some of those demerits :ph34r:

hey yup what I paid for it would be mint, just had a service at bmw, a new tyre and some other bits totaling about $1000.

If anyone is interested private message me on here.

haha nathan nope that was my fault but I was running late to pick you up from the airport. haha 50 demerits later!

hey yup what I paid for it would be mint, just had a service at bmw, a new tyre and some other bits totaling about $1000.

If anyone is interested private message me on here.

haha nathan nope that was my fault but I was running late to pick you up from the airport. haha 50 demerits later!

Fark... :(

Does that mean that I won't be getting that ride you promised?

just heard back from my insurance broker....... "The annual premium is $2286.85 with a $1600 excess with a windscreen excess of $150 and burglary/theft excess of $5000 and cover is limited to you driving the car." hmmm that sounds very reasonable if i had money to pay that haha. anyone else think thats a little expensive?

Hey man, Sorry that lock nut didnt fit, I trust you got it all sorted?

I guess that price isnt too bad but if you got that kind of money to pay.

I think if I crash the excess is $6000 but thats on a $200,000 car so I think your excess is a little excessive for a old car. Luckily My excess on the E36 is only $900 if I crash and $1300 a year in premiums but my car is no M3 haha.

Hey man, Sorry that lock nut didnt fit, I trust you got it all sorted?

I guess that price isnt too bad but if you got that kind of money to pay.

I think if I crash the excess is $6000 but thats on a $200,000 car so I think your excess is a little excessive for a old car. Luckily My excess on the E36 is only $900 if I crash and $1300 a year in premiums but my car is no M3 haha.

Who are you insured with?

seems like alot for a 1.8l, mine is slightly less than that for the 2.8l.. :huh:

All depends on age and driving history, fines, accidents etc.

My premium for the 325 is $600 a year with a $500 excess.

Well I'm 18, restricted license, a few demerits <_< and first time insured under my name

I pay $1200 a year with $900 excess... Just thought RJS may be able to save a few dollars