Sign in to follow this  
philk

1997 750il non widescreen FM Band Expander

I'm wanting to get all NZ Radio stations.

I don't want to try and replace the head unit as it does the trip computer and all the other gadgets and it's not a standard size hole.

I've pulled the whole thing out and there is no aerial connection that I can find even in the boot I pulled the Stacker out and Amp etc still no Ariel connection

Can anyone give me any hope or have I missed something to be able to put a band expander in??

Any help would be great

Cheers

I don't want to try and replace the head unit as it does the trip computer and all the other gadgets and it's not a standard size hole.

I've pulled the whole thing out and there is no aerial connection that I can find even in the boot I pulled the Stacker out and Amp etc still no Ariel connection

Can anyone give me any hope or have I missed something to be able to put a band expander in??

Any help would be great

Cheers

e

the tuner module is the third row back in the back left corner of the boot.

its goes cd changer then amplifier then the tuner module .

looks like a std car stereo but with no face plate or buttons .

but i thought that these units could be switched over to NZ freq ??

e

the tuner module is the third row back in the back left corner of the boot.

its goes cd changer then amplifier then the tuner module .

looks like a std car stereo but with no face plate or buttons .

but i thought that these units could be switched over to NZ freq ??

So if I get to this there should be a aerial connection I can put a band expander on? or am I wrong

I think they can be reprogrammed after 2000.

Mine is a 1997

Cheers

yes , has the euro aerial type plug , so you will need adpators for those as well .

have some if your in ak area , i am in papakura

can show you

So if I get to this there should be a aerial connection I can put a band expander on? or am I wrong

I think they can be reprogrammed after 2000.

Mine is a 1997

Cheers

Yep, world tuners 01>

Bear in mind - band expanders in these cars although doable are crap

Best option - fit a Euro tuner in place of Jap unit

PM me if you want details

Any help would be great

Cheers

You have a high-performance luxury V12 car with state of the art engineering, and you want to make the radio work using the cheapest shittiest possible method?

The only way to make it REALLY work properly is to replace the Japanese Alpine C23 JAPAN radio module and fit either the Alpine C23 OCEANIA or the Philips Business RDS radio module (Oceania was std equipment for Oz/NZ, Business was std equipment for Europe)

Ask Hotwire on this forum or have a look at ebay Germany.

Advantage of the Business RDS unit: you get RDS functionality which shows you station names and song titles on some stations, and also allows you to tour long distance and never change frequency on some stations.

Remember: a band expander ruins the performance of the BMW system, as your car has 3 x FM antennas plus a antenna amplifier and switcher. Adding a band expander reduces radio performance terribly.

Please just fit the proper radio module. They can, in some cases, be cheaper than a band expander !!

You have a high-performance luxury V12 car with state of the art engineering, and you want to make the radio work using the cheapest shittiest possible method?

The only way to make it REALLY work properly is to replace the Japanese Alpine C23 JAPAN radio module and fit either the Alpine C23 OCEANIA or the Philips Business RDS radio module (Oceania was std equipment for Oz/NZ, Business was std equipment for Europe)

Ask Hotwire on this forum or have a look at ebay Germany.

Advantage of the Business RDS unit: you get RDS functionality which shows you station names and song titles on some stations, and also allows you to tour long distance and never change frequency on some stations.

Remember: a band expander ruins the performance of the BMW system, as your car has 3 x FM antennas plus a antenna amplifier and switcher. Adding a band expander reduces radio performance terribly.

Please just fit the proper radio module. They can, in some cases, be cheaper than a band expander !!

Thanks for your help, I don't want to cheapen the car in any way :)

But some of the stations I have to listen to get a bit boring after a while

Will try and upgrade it to your recommendations then Thanks

Thanks for your help, I don't want to cheapen the car in any way :)

But some of the stations I have to listen to get a bit boring after a while

Will try and upgrade it to your recommendations then Thanks

This is for example the Philips Business RDS unit, plug and play with yours:

http://cgi.ebay.de/BMW-e38-7er-Radiomodul-...2|39:1|240:1318