Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

Taupo Trackday

Well all you employed bimmersporters missed out on a great day.

Perfect weather & the track nice & grippy with about 60 cars.

The Ferrari Club had booked 25% of the time-great turnout-1 Ferrarri,2Porches,1 Ford something turbo & an ancient Legacy rally car -sign of the times!! :P Simon & I lolled big time.

Si had the 540 humming,lots of squealing tyres & (polite) pissedoffishness with a certain Mitsi boyracer who kept blocking him.

Me,Well I was a bit rusty but by Rd3 was getting back into it & having a ball in the Schnizzle.

But I'm really looking forward to the next one with the Gertrag in it - thanks Sammy J !!

The drive home was almost a highlight with Si leading the way(of course) :lol:

A little tad of moderate high speed running with an S Commodore who joined the party until it rained & Si showed that Beemer drivers have bigger balls than Holden drivers(& his wife looked like she was sh**ting herself)

Unbeknown to me Si had paid a big rig driver to block me for about 10kms so that he wouldnt be humiliated by a Schnizzler :rolleyes:

Anyhooo-a couple of pics

post-3113-1237784586_thumb.jpgpost-3113-1237784687_thumb.jpgpost-3113-1237784817_thumb.jpgpost-3113-1237784885_thumb.jpg

Get a job!

;) Looks like you had a blast boys.

Couldnt possibly fit one in :P

Simon, do tell us you got passed that Mazda!

I'm picking Si's in bed but yea he disposed of that in short order--------

at least I'm sure thats what he would want me to say

Looks like good fun!! You certainly didn't waste time taking the 'Schnizzler'. Really like the look of Simon's purple beast too.

Guest Simon*

Si had the 540 humming,lots of squealing tyres & (polite) pissedoffishness with a certain Mitsi boyracer who kept blocking him.

The drive home was almost a highlight with Si leading the way(of course) :lol:

A little tad of moderate high speed running with an S Commodore who joined the party until it rained & Si showed that Beemer drivers have bigger balls than Holden drivers(& his wife looked like she was sh**ting herself)

Epic day!! Cheers for the pics Mark. Sorry you wore out your Scnizzle during the day ;) Smart move to save it up for the drive home, which was in some ways almost as fun.

That dude in his Commodore was well shitty with me I think. Kept waiting for him on the straights so I could pants him again and again in the corners :P

That dude in the Mitsi was a retard! Talk about trackhog. There were 4 of us queued up behind at one stage.

Get a job!

Get a car!

Oh wait ;)

Simon, do tell us you got passed that Mazda!

Don't worry, lived predominantly on a diet of Japanese all day :) Plus the odd Porsche

Turns out a 540iS is faster than supercharged MR2's

Looks like good fun!! You certainly didn't waste time taking the 'Schnizzler'. Really like the look of Simon's purple beast too.

Mark's Schnitzer looks tits. It's a hot little car with ALL the goodies.

Thanks Yuen, I get a lot of positive comments about my "Purple Beast" ;)

Can thoroughly recommend playday - good format. I think I did in the region of 120km on track during the day.

Definitely would do it again