Sign in to follow this  
moe

m62 into e46

a locked or super tight lsd can make a car understeer going into a turn as both wheels are driving same speed

im not really talking electrics now maybe wrong place for this discussion

Ha you can discuss what you want on your thread. :)

Mines a very tight LSD but didn't think that would transfer through to the front wheels in terms of steering....interesting.

its like riding a quad bike on a sealed surface unless you unload the inside wheel with weight transfer while turning the thing wants to go straight ahead even with full lock

Oh i see now, makes sense :D

Just interested in diffs at the mo due to mine coming out soon for maintenance and repair.

Edit: Dyslexia :ph34r:

Edited by Greg.

Oh i see now, makes sense :D

Just interested in diffs at the mo due to mine coming out soon for maintenance and repair.

Edit: Dyslexia :ph34r:

You can have the plate type LSD in your M3 modified to behave in a similar fashion by having the ramps machined asymmetrically, even to accommodate additional clutches/shims to lower temps & extend the life.

moe:

Keen to see some more pics of the beastie.

Interesting choice of diff, I had a torsen in the E30 for a while, found it a bit unpredictable in comparison to the plate type LSD's, and particularly aggressive in the wet.

But the E30 has quite different rear suspension to the E46, be interested to hear your feedback once you've had it on the track a bit.

hi I’m doing this conversion to an e46 and I just want to keep it on the road but I’m stuck with the wiring. What did you need and how did you by pass the immobiliser