Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

Injectors for an m20 turbo

Guest FrantiC

Anyone know where I can find some straight swap high flowing injectors for the m20 for my turbo build?

New/ Used doesn't bother me. Not sure what I would need though, Looking to run a T3/T4 turbo. Motor is a m20 stroker. ~10Psi boost. Not sure about power goals though, 250-300hp seems like a faily good number though.

Maybe Holden supercharged 6 or Ford turbo 6? You could maybe get away with smaller ones.

ive heard of the s50 injectors being used before, but ive seen on a few forums people using the ford mustang injectors

Edited by Jamez

Guest FrantiC

Do they all fit? Like still using stock intake mani. and stock fuel rail?

And would I need an adjustable FPR or is the stock 3.0bar one alright with higher flowing injectors?

And anyone know what sort of cc rating ones I would need?

Do they all fit? Like still using stock intake mani. and stock fuel rail?

And would I need an adjustable FPR or is the stock 3.0bar one alright with higher flowing injectors?

And anyone know what sort of cc rating ones I would need?

Have a mechanic setting up my rail atm and he believes the RX7 550cc red top injectors will fit perfect, paid $500 for them flow tested and all new seals.

Guest FrantiC

Have a mechanic setting up my rail atm and he believes the RX7 550cc red top injectors will fit perfect, paid $500 for them flow tested and all new seals.

Let me know if they do bro, i got m50 injectors in there now so if you swapped some straight onto your m50 hopefully same story with my m20 lol..

Where did ya score them from??

Guest FrantiC

m30b35 injectors?

What are they?

And does anybody think I would need an adjustable FPR? Will be using MegaSquirt for fuel and spark adjustments. And probably going to throw in a walbro fuelpump.

You shouldn't need either with a megasquirt (as long as your existing pump is fine). Nothing wrong with the Bosch FPRs.

Guest FrantiC

You shouldn't need either with a megasquirt (as long as your existing pump is fine). Nothing wrong with the Bosch FPRs.

You mean an adjustable FPR and aftermarket fuel pump?

I have been offered a set of 22lb injectors, Does anyone know if these will be ok?

I'd figure on at least 35lb or 360cc. Thats good for 300hp @ fly with 90% duty cycle. Assume 10psi boost, with the motor in N/A form making 180hp and thats pretty close to your 300hp.

I'd get slightly larger if it were me, just allows for a bit more power gains if you get bored without having to change injectors and retune.

Not sure what the stock pump is good for, but you definitely don't need to change FPR, that's what MS is for.

Also - if you get the right MS and set it up right you can run high or low impedence injectors, makes finding some that will work much easier.

Edited by Mike

I still reckon Falcon Turbo or Holden Supercharged - 300cc and 370cc and you should be able to find secondhand.

What Mike said - standard pump if in good condition, standard FPR. Adjustable not required, although you can get away with slightly smaller injectors if you run slightly higher fuel pressure.

Good info on injectors here:

http://www.injectorsonline.com/indivprod.p...=74&scid=11

Personally I'd go for high impedance injectors - I got low impedance ones as they were a good price second hand (and its hard to find 550cc high impedance injectors) but was too cheap to get the Link Extreme to drive them (rather than the Storm), so had to spend money on resistors...

Guest FrantiC

well would the falcon/holden ones be a straight swap / fit and plug in?

i checked on e30 tech most guys seem to be running 38-44lb injectors.

Edited by FrantiC

m30b35 injectors are from an m30b35. The big brother to the m20.

6 Cyl 2.8/3.0/3.3/3.5 litre.

They fit without issue, not the most clued up on FI just giving suggestions :)

I believe the Holden/Ford ones are standard Bosch injectors. You should ask someone who knows for certain.

If they are Bosch 14mm ones, yes. I think Evo ones aren't 14mm, they are 11mm.