Sign in to follow this  
wolliver

4g63t install?

does any one know if someone has done this before ?

i wanna be original.

edit: Removed text speak from post, please ref rules on posting. Also moved to F/I forum.

Sure did, until I let the oil run dry and she blew up on the way to work :'(

No problem.

Seems alot of work for a little mitsi engine though?

Edited by E30ONP

And money, you'll need lots of money.. Oh and patience!! And beer. Lots of beer

Hi Mate

i chucked a post about this earlier on heres a great link about RWD conversions for these

space wise easy would say that alll that will really cost is the mounting for the engine and some weilding lolz

i worked out for 5k could have it certed and in really whatever car i wanted if you have the engine and done a clean up

here thes link - if you want a engine could supply as fixing one at the moment

http://www.projectzerog.com/ - helped heaps

thanks man, will have a good read

i wanna do everything myself so wont need ur engine unfortunatly haha

and wat else u cost heaps it puttin a skyline rear in lol... diff and axle and stuff haha, needs to be able to handle all the POWER!!!!!!!

thanks for the link

does any one know if someone has done this before ?

i wanna be original.

edit: Removed text speak from post, please ref rules on posting. Also moved to F/I forum.

If Turbo Vehicles can fit a rotary engine in one, I'm sure a little 4G63 motor wont be a problem. I hope you do it.

thanks man, will have a good read

i wanna do everything myself so wont need ur engine unfortunatly haha

and wat else u cost heaps it puttin a skyline rear in lol... diff and axle and stuff haha, needs to be able to handle all the POWER!!!!!!!

thanks for the link

You'll have no problems with a 325i diffrential and half shafts. With smooth power-on delivery of a turbo you aren't going to be near the limits of the running gear, just don't spend all day dropping the clutch in 2nd like a tool.

And you want the gear to handle the TORQUE!!!!!11.1.1, power is a maths calculation.

This will be good, im doing the same thing but will proberly be using it as a swap out engine for the e28 all going well.

Hay wolliver - how much did you spend on your gearbox etc, as i still need to get new piston rings for my engine its running low compresion on cylidner 1 but still need all other jim jams for it

Good luck will be great to see

Stock e30 325 half shaft splines / CV's will handle about 300hp before they start becoming a problem. This is all subjective obviously to application of power but will give you a rough idea. EG dont expect it to be a drag car, but it will handle it fine if your streeting it.

Stock e30 325 half shaft splines / CV's will handle about 300hp before they start becoming a problem. This is all subjective obviously to application of power but will give you a rough idea. EG dont expect it to be a drag car, but it will handle it fine if your streeting it.

What would one do once reaching 300hp? is that at the wheels or motor?

As explainded on MSN to you Luke, and put here for reference:

Just load up the gears by holding the handbrake, and letting the clutch slightly out till it lurches a wee bit, for launches. And nice smooth shifts. Once the drivetrain components are loaded up they can take hundreds and hundreds of newton metres. It's the lash and crashing teeth together that kills it really.

Edited by Incary

This will be good, im doing the same thing but will proberly be using it as a swap out engine for the e28 all going well.

Hay wolliver - how much did you spend on your gearbox etc, as i still need to get new piston rings for my engine its running low compresion on cylidner 1 but still need all other jim jams for it

Good luck will be great to see

gearbox i got through a mate pretty cheap, only 250, its in really good nick. all i actually hav at the moment is my box, block, head and con rods, as funds are a little bit on the low side. im gonna be using evo 7 pistons (these are probably the best standard mitsi pistons and can handle a lot of boost) and evo blacktop injectors. not to sure what turbo ill be running yet tho, but i do knw that its gonna be top mounted lol

not 100% sure yet... we shall see, but id like to have the option to if you know what i mean?

Edited for text speak.

Edited by Mike