Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

Guess what, my gear box died.

So where did you get the idea that someone had pissed in ya petrol tank???

So where did you get the idea that someone had pissed in ya petrol tank???

From the diagnosis at Carspot.............. :huh:

Did it then go somewhere else or did they suddenly realise....."oh hang on it's not piss it's just the cat convertor".

What’s the fault code for “someone has pissed in your tank†?

My sisters E39 (same colour as yours) has the message “slow cat overheat†showing when she starts it up, I told her the car has a built in cat sensor to ensure she doesn’t run one over and she believed me. She is blond also.

Did it then go somewhere else or did they suddenly realise....."oh hang on it's not piss it's just the cat convertor".

Same place. That's exactly what happened. Although I wouldn't say suddenly realised, or just the cat converter.

What’s the fault code for “someone has pissed in your tank†?

Cars showing no fault codes. They have to diagnose the old fashioned way. Engines detonating, idles fine. Timing gets all f**ked up when under load

I questioned that myself and the guy just said it was part of the diagnosis. They drained out the fuel, even though the car was idling fine and only had the problem under load. No idea why ay

Haha if the car was idling fine then was no way it would have been contaminated fuel.

Well that's what I logically thought. I sure as hell wouldn't have paid what she paid.

The saga continues....next installment coming up shortly.... I just got a phone call

:lol: Emily does provide us with some decent entertainment dunt she

:lol: Emily does provide us with some decent entertainment dunt she

So what's the problem now? Has the piss light come on again?

So what's the problem now? Has the piss light come on again?

DSC

So not related then.

So not related then.

Unsure... DSC could mean "Did Someone Call ?" (joke :D )

It will need to be scanned to determine the fault.....again

Edited by *Glenn*

Nar I picked it up from Carspot, after kindly giving them some hersheys kisses and favourites, was so excited to drive my car, then realised when I got home a warning light was on my dash.

I can't get to Carspot, cos every bloody way I tried getting to Frankton from town shown on my GPS was blocked off by the v8s. Grrr.

I'll pop it in Monday and ask them to sort it. It wasn't on when I took it in...

Yeah not sure where the piss in the petrol tank or something came from. That's what I was told! Don't shoot the messenger.

The light looks like this...http://toddsmods.com/media/dsc_off2.gif

Posted Image

Is that a "only do donuts anti-clockwise around roadworks" light?

Edited by blakamin

Well that's what I logically thought. I sure as hell wouldn't have paid what she paid.

great.... why dont you make her feel really good about it?

DSC light as Glenn said. Take the car back to Carspot. Talk to Glenn first (as it seems you are) to find out whether it was something Carspot did, or just coincidence.

You could try this:

Ok try getting into the car and push the dsc button in, turn the key but don't start the car, keep the button held in for ten second. this will reset the abs sensors. Then start the car and go for a quick drive. Turn the car off and then back on and see if the light goes off. If it does not then you have a problem with the dsc.

Other forums also reccomend checking fuses and brake fluid level as these can trip the dsc light also.

Otherwise its something more sinister.

great.... why dont you make her feel really good about it?

Ive told her that personally... :huh:

So?

Nar I picked it up from Carspot, after kindly giving them some hersheys kisses and favourites, was so excited to drive my car, then realised when I got home a warning light was on my dash.

I can't get to Carspot, cos every bloody way I tried getting to Frankton from town shown on my GPS was blocked off by the v8s. Grrr.

I'll pop it in Monday and ask them to sort it. It wasn't on when I took it in...

Yeah not sure where the piss in the petrol tank or something came from. That's what I was told! Don't shoot the messenger.

The light looks like this...http://toddsmods.com/media/dsc_off2.gif

The fact you managed to spin it out a while back still amazes me, maybe its been a underlying problem.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....674&hl=spin

When im driving late model BMW’s they always have that light showing ;)

All this talk of cat converters and piss in tanks reminds me of when a cat pissed in my car. Wasn't a tank though, it was an RX2 coupe. It still went ok, it just smelled bad. Actually, it went like stink, even before the cat pissed in it.