Sign in to follow this  
mattgoldsbro

Best place for BMW servicing in CHCH ?

I have only had my car for a short while and just wondering where is the best place in Christchurch to take my car for service / diagnostic scanning etc ??

Any recommendations ??

Thanks

Leading Edge Automotive have all the Bosch stuff for scanning.

Also, Kevin Burt BMW on St Asaph Street, but I've found their service (of the people variety) to be a bit on the thin side.

I've taken my E30 to DCH Motorsport in Washbournes road and they know their stuff... will be getting a bit of engine work done by them in the near future.

Or Brian at Impwerks, not sure if he'll have the scanner tho.

Or Mike at BMW workshop on Brisbane St.

Chch BMW, Manchester St

Any reason you recommend them over a place like Kevin Burt?

My 540i is due for a service soon, so I'm also interested in where the best place is to get servicing done.

Any reason you recommend them over a place like Kevin Burt?

My 540i is due for a service soon, so I'm also interested in where the best place is to get servicing done.

I ended up going to Mick at BMW services on Brisbane st sydneham, Seemed pretty good at a great price Oil service and diagnostic/scan check for $160. Had to get a service done professionally for my warranty. Kevin Burt quoted me about $300 for a diagnostic check and service which i thought was a complete rip off . Up to you though.

Go to Kevin Burt Automotive. When I checked the things that are done in servicing -check which engine oil they use( KBL used Mobile 1 ESP ) which is $120 for 5L at Repco and BMW services at Sydenham used a cheap Fuchs oil. Also the filter used was not not OEM filter. So you get what you pay for.

Alister there owns an E30 M3 and has worked on BMW pretty much for last 35 years. Go see him.