Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Apexi SAFC II Write up

Just installed an apexi safc2 (piggyback fuel controller) on my M50B25

Was a mission to find all the info as the apexi instructions dont list early E36 pinouts

I have the pinouts for Pre 95 vanos and non vanos if anyones interested in a write up

Just installed an apexi safc2 (piggyback fuel controller) on my M50B25

Was a mission to find all the info as the apexi instructions dont list early E36 pinouts

I have the pinouts for Pre 95 vanos and non vanos if anyones interested in a write up

put one in my e36 and e34 about a year ago, they work good

did tell but most on here arnt interested so i didnt bother writting a post about it

it does seem very clicky on here at times

Do a write up mate, Im sure there will be people appreciative of it :)

^ I was going to say the same. Even if no-one specifically wants it now, it would be great for something to be on the forum for people searching.

Ben - please do a writeup as I'm pretty sure most people don't even know its an option. How have you dealt with ignition timing (SAFC2 is fuel only, yes?).

crunchy - what did you do for ignition timing? Please stick around - your tech input could prove very valuable :) I'd have thought the MAPECU2 would be the better option? Or is having control over ignition not as important as I think it is for forced induction?

^ I was going to say the same. Even if no-one specifically wants it now, it would be great for something to be on the forum for people searching.

Ben - please do a writeup as I'm pretty sure most people don't even know its an option. How have you dealt with ignition timing (SAFC2 is fuel only, yes?).

crunchy - what did you do for ignition timing? Please stick around - your tech input could prove very valuable :) I'd have thought the MAPECU2 would be the better option? Or is having control over ignition not as important as I think it is for forced induction?

yes theres better gains from doing both fuel and ignition, the afc is great for a quick adjustment but they only work in 2d but you still see a good gain.

the map2 covers sooo much more and is very user friendly for install and tune.

im using a stock ecu for my 5 series turbo with the map2 just to prove a point to how far you can push things.

it seems on here alot of things fall on deaf ears, just cause its a bmw doesnt mean you cant do it.

wait and see what pistons and rods are going into my m20,thatll rattle some cages

Just because you dont get 300 responses doesn't mean we're not interested.

Lets hear all about it.

it seems on here alot of things fall on deaf ears, just cause its a bmw doesnt mean you cant do it.

wait and see what pistons and rods are going into my m20,thatll rattle some cages

I'll guess - Mitsi Evo pistons? Couldn't guess on the rods. Actually I probably could if I sat down with the piston/rod catalogue again. I'm sure I figured out a technically workable combination*.

* Note - I have no idea whatsoever whether something is actually possible in real life - all I can do is look at the length of rods and compression height.

There are guys up in Sweden using aircooled VW Mahle pistons in 4 cylinder M10's successfully with over 200hp / litre (and HUGE turbos).

I'll guess - Mitsi Evo pistons? Couldn't guess on the rods. Actually I probably could if I sat down with the piston/rod catalogue again. I'm sure I figured out a technically workable combination*.

* Note - I have no idea whatsoever whether something is actually possible in real life - all I can do is look at the length of rods and compression height.

There are guys up in Sweden using aircooled VW Mahle pistons in 4 cylinder M10's successfully with over 200hp / litre (and HUGE turbos).

on the money with the pistons,as for the rods theres afew to pick from but they need alittle work to fit.

Just because you dont get 300 responses doesn't mean we're not interested.

Lets hear all about it.

:rolleyes: