Sign in to follow this  
dickhead

RB powered BMW

my e36 is manual and in immac. condition pretty modified but done near 300000km without a rebuild so possibly time for a new engine soonish. thinking of an RB25det as i love rb engines. i know it wouldnt be easy but have a pretty large budget has this been done before? anything in particular i should know?

there are a few projects on the forum involving rb-20's if i recall correctly

pretty sure they were all e30's tho, not sure bout the e36

In Dunedin there was a race prepped E36 with an R33 GTR engine in it. I beleive the owner enters it in a few open class and endurance races.

In Dunedin there was a race prepped E36 with an R33 GTR engine in it. I beleive the owner enters it in a few open class and endurance races.

^ Was that the white one in performance car?

yer i think thats the one hes talking about.

Yep, Half white half blue, Have it on my bedroom wall :P

there was a E36 RB20det running round CHCH about a year ago, couldnt tell you the owners name tho sorry, but atleast it shows it can be and has been done with a E36/RB combo

my e36 is manual and in immac. condition pretty modified but done near 300000km without a rebuild so possibly time for a new engine soonish. thinking of an RB25det as i love rb engines. i know it wouldnt be easy but have a pretty large budget has this been done before? anything in particular i should know?

If I had a large budget, I'd do a built M50B25 using a B28 crank, Forged pistons & rods with a Link ECU.

More original than chucking a jappa motor in, and a setup that can pump out some big numbers if you have the $$$

• Like 1

a lot more space in e36 than e30. done rb25det in my e30. when I reseached i fond out you can get pre made looms to convert the e36.