Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

heavy duty m20 clutch?

Guest FrantiC

Anyone know any places I can get a good deal on a heavy duty clutch for an m20 that will be turbod?

Been quoted through a mate $500 odd for a Exedy HD clutch, Which will be the go unless someone knows somewhere to get these cheaper ?

Anyone know any places I can get a good deal on a heavy duty clutch for an m20 that will be turbod?

Been quoted through a mate $500 odd for a Exedy HD clutch, Which will be the go unless someone knows somewhere to get these cheaper ?

Exedy do good clutches, $500 is a pretty good price, you can compare that to BNT prices.

Autoclutch up here in aucks will do you any clutch you ask for. Their not bad on pricing either.

qft

Guest Ari Gold

Ireland engineering do a pretty bomb proof 6 puck. I'm running a sprung version, andy is running an un sprung version.

I can't remember where my unsprung 6 puck with upgraded pressure plate for my M10 came from (can find out), but it was closer to $700 including the throwout bearing, so assuming $500 for the Exedy incl a pressure plate that's a good deal I reckon.

Unsprung hard to break as they have no springs. Hard to drive for the same reason!

Guest FrantiC

I can't remember where my unsprung 6 puck with upgraded pressure plate for my M10 came from (can find out), but it was closer to $700 including the throwout bearing, so assuming $500 for the Exedy incl a pressure plate that's a good deal I reckon.

Unsprung hard to break as they have no springs. Hard to drive for the same reason!

So considering mine IS street use, pretty much my drive around car I wouldn't want unsprung now would I.. I am guessing it's the "on / off" kind of scenario there.

I've checked BNT for m20 clutches before, and they've given me a quote, albeit ridiculous and over the top. Hence I went elsewhere.

Guest FrantiC

They said all they could do is a stock pressure plate, or else send my current clutch up to be rebuilt for what I wanted to use it for.. They couldn't give me a price for this unless it was sent up and checked out first... Stuff that.

Might aswell get this exedy clutch kit through my mate then.

I just drop my clutch to autoclutch.upgrade to heavy duty.they are price at $460 incl GST.with rebuild clutch disc,rering the harder pressure plate.machine fly wheel,and brand new trust bearing.

EDIT;pressure plate from 1300 lbs to 2100lbs

Edited by mitchE30

Guest FrantiC

Might have to look into somethnig else. My current Pressure plate is a cheap piece of sh*t, And the Clutch disc is also crap and with only 10-15k kms on it , one side of the disc is loose..

Would rather just buy a ready to go clutch kit.. Damn the one from exedy isn't even HD, they don't do a HD at all for the e30 bmw. FAIL!

Might have to look into somethnig else. My current Pressure plate is a cheap piece of sh*t, And the Clutch disc is also crap and with only 10-15k kms on it , one side of the disc is loose..

Would rather just buy a ready to go clutch kit.. Damn the one from exedy isn't even HD, they don't do a HD at all for the e30 bmw. FAIL!

Will proberly still work just as fine. It's not gonna be a drift car is it? :P

Guest FrantiC

Will proberly still work just as fine. It's not gonna be a drift car is it? :P

Haha maybe every once in a while :rolleyes:

Yeah the lady said it will be very good, But I want something that will last. Even though I know Exedy is good stuff, I will leave it as a last resort I think..

Haha maybe every once in a while :rolleyes:

Yeah the lady said it will be very good, But I want something that will last. Even though I know Exedy is good stuff, I will leave it as a last resort I think..

If you want something super high peformance then it won't be cheap and you will have to shop out of town more than likely.

Guest FrantiC

Not too outrageous like something sort of for street use, that won't slip when it's under boost.. Time to do some research see what other guys are using...

Nothing good or right comes "cheap" Do it right once

Either get the right clutch made up by Autoclutch or buy one from overseas from someone like UUC Motorwerks

Guest FrantiC

Nothing good or right comes "cheap" Do it right once

Either get the right clutch made up by Autoclutch or buy one from overseas from someone like UUC Motorwerks

Yeah I don't wanna go cheap, I was just wanting to know if anyone knew were i could get a good deal on one. Or a cheaper deal on the exedy one I was offered. Have already checked UUC, They don't do one specific for an m20 unless I used like an m50 flywheel and got a clutchkit for that. But then would have to consider the gearbox too I guess.

I will definitley get in contact with AutoClutch.