Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

M325i vs SR20DET.

hahaha ill be there before you anyways... muahahahah. Now that im e30-less i need another project!

Probably because I left my car in your lock-up!

If you need another project can you finish my push button starter? Cause I wired it to the main power line which runs to the ignition, so you can crank the starter when the key isn't even in the car. Ran out of time to resolve that MIGHTY f**k up today.

ehh ill swap you my radiator replacement and end caps for the tech 1 kit! itsa done deal! you know what im thinking for my next bmw project?? it would be awesome right.... create some interest on this here forum we are a part of

You have teased these forum watchers for a long while with promises of S62 Tourings and Turbo race cars! What's on the board miss ford?

Made your race car turbo didnt we!?

Also dont you go ruling out s62 tourings just yet.... ima thinking magical things my e30 needs more power than my 400hp sti otherwise its just no fun as a toy car lol

Yeah but we lost 500cc somewhere in the process! And with the highly advanced rear end of the E30 I think 400hp would be quite the afternoons entertainment. Are you thinking punchy torque response or laggy kick in the arse?

Bahahahah advanced compared to... hmm a tractor? Nah jk's im keen for torque, its all about the instantaneous acceleration right from the peddle hitting the floor

Nice summarization and easy to read, I am looking into doing the swap, so this will come in very handy.

Thanks, I feel the index is something every extended build thread should have as default.

Current project, made it in 20mins. Gear is from my RC plane which is current out of the air due to quite a large impact...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The plane. 1.4m wide, EPO foam, modeled on a Cirrus SR-22. Great fun. Sam has one too and we battle in the sky.

Posted Image

Battle very hard as you can see. Tape and Araldite has it flying again by the next day. That's certainly a very bad crash, usually only munch the nose a little. Go all the way or none of the way I say.

He's saying he was impressed with how easily and cheaply it is to make ridiculous power in a Silvia. It's a fair deep-wallet mission on a BMW engine, for numerous reasons.

Good news, My car is currently kitted out for an SR, just need to find one to replace the spun bearing example I had in there!

Did you ever end up doing anything about the insanely heavy clutch pedal?

I said 'The clutch is nice and heavy/poppy thanks to the mismatched master/slave'.

It is a good weight, and not mushy and dampened down like any BMW. It really snaps up in an almighty thawack like taking the hanging towel off your boner.

I said 'The clutch is nice and heavy/poppy thanks to the mismatched master/slave'.

It is a good weight, and not mushy and dampened down like any BMW. It really snaps up in an almighty thawack like taking the hanging towel off your boner.

Might have been the twin plate that my car was setup with then. It was certainly past being heavy. It is currently comparable to the brake pedal I have with dual masters and no booster!

The new setup will be a single plate clutch so I might give it a whirl before changing the slave in that case.

towel lol

Running the correct spring rate/MC setup will help have the best of both worlds. Firm bite at any rpm yet can be driven in auckland traffic in rush hour.

Got any updates on this thing Henry?

I'm now running a single plate clutch setup and it is much better!

I've since lunched one engine (seems it suffered oil starvation with the PO) on the dyno, replaced just about everything that came with the first engine, got it back together a second time and got to a track day!

Edited by e30guydownunder