Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

E30S50

So the funds have finally come through to get this project going again, and thought it was about time to start a project thread

Pic of when we first got it, also came with 16" BBS BMW 5 stud basket weaves

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Package arrived from Christchurch with parts sourced all from one damaged 1997 m3 evo, the parts included

Posted Image

• Front Struts
  • Rear Suspension and Diff
  • Engine
  • 6spd Gearbox
  • Drive shaft
  • Exhaust
  • Steering Column
  • and various things such as shifter and ECU

Then Blue 320i was sent over to Andy to get a Role cage, since then (end of 08') it has been sitting in the garage, collecting dust.

Posted Image

Will update as time goes on...............

*sorry about quality of pics, all were taken on my 1.2MP phone camera

Edited by Jamez

So much win sir.

Obviously will be a lot of work, but will be worth it in the end. Will look forward to this in earnest.

Holy-Crap dude thats going to be insaine! ! cant wwait to see the build thread and the final product. :blink:

Arrrrgh! Baaaastard :D

Nice engine. Awesome project. Good luck. Post lots of picctures, tell me how well it fits in. And when it's finally done, what the pull is like :D

You've managed to keep quiet about this until now?

Wow... this is going to be awesome. The bill from RaceFX won't be awesome, but the car will. :D

so now it's a 3-way race to see which s50 project is finished first! My money is on this fella right here to be honest.

About time you started it :P.

Nice Jag also, Convertible right?.

so now it's a 3-way race to see which s50 project is finished first! My money is on this fella right here to be honest.

It sure helps to have an engine waiting to be installed :D

Biggest fan is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

**make it sound like this. My favorite video. Of all time :D

The spooky echo from the trees and having no idea what is coming is the best ever.

Edited by Incary

WHOA! So had no idea about this! Damn you lol, Henry got me baited on an E30 S50b32 also doubt that will ever happen though. Good luck with the build James gonna be totally insane! Lots of pics :D

Nice, What did that s50 cost ya ?

Alot.

You've managed to keep quiet about this until now?

Wow... this is going to be awesome. The bill from RaceFX won't be awesome, but the car will. :D

Thats why the project has been down for 6 months, ive been selling off the remains of my dads car yard to get him the funds to pay for this and only just sold the last one this morning (a nissan wingroad)

About time you started it :P.

Nice Jag also, Convertible right?.

Its a targa top, so not quite a vert.

Hope to have the car in paint by Thursday, will need to get a trailer off my dads friend, or if anyone is willing to lend me a hand and a trailer Thursday afternoon I have got to get the car from Takapuna to Glenfield. Then early next week it will be going from their to RaceFX for a few weeks to be completed :) So looking at end of June for Completion.

oh and can anyone suggest a functional bodykit to go with that doesn't cost the earth?

sweet project.

mtech 2, playa

Hope to have the car in paint by Thursday, will need to get a trailer off my dads friend, or if anyone is willing to lend me a hand and a trailer Thursday afternoon I have got to get the car from Takapuna to Glenfield.

If i was thrusday night i could do it for ya... would just need the trailer thats all.

Curious to know how they'll manage that one too.

With enough cutoff wheels and welding rod anything's possible.

You and your dad are my new hero’s!

RaceFX are going to have to stiffen the shell like 1000%

Bloody legendary.

I would just flair it and lip it, would look naff with a Tech-II and Tech-I should be reserved for real M325i's.

Keep it stock as on the ouside bar wheels obviously to fit slicks for mega traction. Ultimate Qship on the track. With 320i badges ^_^

This is one Hell of a project!

Personally id rather start with a f/l shell but its still going to be insane.

320i badges ^_^

Haha nothing wrong with 320 badges!

Id put a 316 on! hahaha

Altho i have removed my 320 badge already :ph34r:

in reply to the rear end, i have not found anyone else putting a e36m3 rear end in a e30, will make the track a bit wider, effectively it will be a 1999 M3 Evo in a e30 shell.

taking it over to the car painters at 4pm tomorrow :o

as for bodykit i was thinking just a zender front apron like the one on the vert in my signature would look nice.

IMO If you've got something special (In this case something extremely special) wouldn't you want a nice complete kit to match the rest of the car.

Standard e30's look soo plain to me. If you're gonna bother with the s50 then a Tech II would match perfectly.

I get the whole idea of a sleeper. But don't you want people to notice it from all the rest when it drives by? Especially with all the work thats going to be put into it. Maybe standard body if its only got a relatively standard engine, i.e. 2.7.

Idk. I don't mean to offend anyone. Just my opinion.

I think if you're gonna bother with a frikin S50! Then you'd want to make everything about the car special.

Just my 2 cents.