Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Spoiler opinions

Spoiler or No Spoiler  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Started thinking today what it would look like without a spoiler. Always had the idea to remove it in the back of my mind but when i saw this red e36 in New Market it revived my enthusiasm towards this.

Posted Image

A quick plug for this! I saw it. It looked stunning. On TM.

Back to the matter at hand.

Posted Image

What do you think. Better with or without?

I'm really into the cleaner look atm.

I would appreciate your valued opinions as usual. :)

Edited by Nick021

Voted Keep it. I think it keeps with the sportier look of your car Nick as opposed to the slightly gangs/cruiser styled red one.

Also you would have to think about how to cover the spoiler holes cleanly, without having to buy a non spoiler bootlid and respraying it in your cars color.

Edited by Forrest

keep it, looks good how it is, also you will need the high speed downforce for the Queens birthday cruise :P

Hear what you're saying Nathan, and do agree actually. Appreciate it.

Was thinking of taking it off for a week to see how it looked. Fill the holes with little rubber grommets for the meantime. Might still do that.

Yea James! Will need that downforce to keep up with that 325!

I also vote to keep it, I think your spoiler suits it well.

Was following you for a while on the Anzac Cruise,

Pretty awesome considering it isnt an E30 :P

Edit: Pretty much what Nathan said, I take too long to reply. Haha.

Edited by Poontangsquibble

Imo don't get rid of the spoiler, it gives the car a more aggressive stance.

Mine came with no spoiler and I felt it just looked too "tame".

Ended up with a boot lip + window spoiler but thats mainly because I did not want to drill holes in the car and the fact that I wanted something a little different to the norm.

But yeh, if it's not too hard to whip it off give that a go and see how it feels :)

post-1976-1243165270_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazyarab

I never liked it on mine either Nick.

Have looked at taking it off but its glued so tightly to the bootlid its would be difficult to get anything under it and would likely wreck the paint taking it off.

Not to mention filling the holes and rewiring the stop light.

i reckon remove it, not a big fan of spoilers, plus that red 328 looks hot slammed on its ass

I voted to keep it.

Nick, your car and mine are virtually identical and both have the same M3 type spoiler and there's no way I would ever remove mine.

As others here have said, it makes the car look more aggressive and gives it a lot better stance.

My 2 cents worth.

post-2989-1243199768_thumb.jpg

Voted for removal, just looks better and keeps the overall body outline flowing imo.

Def no spoiler.

Just my opinion

Personally I think the colour of the car has a lot to do with how good/bad it will look. I think darker colours give more shadows and hence look meaner and maybe even 'chunkier'.

The red doesnt look so chunky and so gets away without having the spoiler, however with black or dark grey, Id leave it on.

Nick, I like the spoiler-less look on sedans... perhaps because they're more boxy and "squat" than the coupe. Still undecided on what I think looks best, I'm leaning towards leaving it on. Mainly because it's a PITA to remove and costly to fill the holes, repaint etc

Posted Image

I say keep it. If removed you will need to fill in the holes and have your lid repainted, pain in the ars.

I vote take it off, I love spoiler-less coupes... Always wanted to get mine removed, anyone have a rough estimate on costs to have the boot holes filled and re-painted?

I vote take it off, I love spoiler-less coupes... Always wanted to get mine removed, anyone have a rough estimate on costs to have the boot holes filled and re-painted?

$300-$500.

Trying to reply to most people!

316 guy! (poon) Cheers mate. Appreciate the comments.

Emily, yea. I might still see if I can take it off to see. Ahh so many different opinions! And all soo valid!

Atta, Absolutely loved your M3. Nicest M3 in the country imo and love the spoilerless look! If I was to remove it I would definitely be looking for a lip spoiler and a window spoiler. Two things which imo make your (ex :( ) M3 look stunning.

Tony, I don't think mine is glued luckily. The holes are the big problem though.

Nino, the 328 looked stunning! I'm not a huge fan for any slammed car but this one made me cross the road an check it out.

Brian, Love your 36. Pictures make the decision soo much harder!

Blair, Thats the main reason why i'm into that look. Flowing, clean, flat.

Cheers Brook

Martyn, Good point. I think most people would testify its a lighter colour in real life though. Lighter colours you can see everything, darker are more hidden.

Mark, again, one of the nicest 36's on the board (Ex as well :( ) Inspiration. Boston G owns! No spoiler in the picture. Loving it! Always have the cost in the back of my mind, and the inconvenience.

Graham, yea, inconvienence again. Ahh.

Michael, spoilerless coupes look lower and squater imo. Nicer stance, from the side that is.

Cheers for all you opinions. Still undecided. Appreciate anymore. :) Such a hard decision.

I reckon you should keep it on Nick. It looks more aggressive that way. If there was no cost involved it would be a 50/50 thing but with the cost of filling the holes and painting, it's not worth it IMO.

My flatmate reckons with the spoiler, it makes it look like a Nissan Primera. Hahahhaa.

Nar, it you remove the spoiler, it'd look funny, it's your choice Nick. You have to drive it!

Thanks for the photoshop mate. Soo hard!

Yuen, it does make it look more aggressive doesn't it.

TBH I walked out of the video shop tonight. F**kin mint lighting, looked mean, reminded me why I love it soo much. But I looked at the back and thought how nice it might look spoilerless. :o