Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Spoiler opinions

Spoiler or No Spoiler  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I too sit on the fence in that respect Nick. I dont have a spoiler at the moment but Im thinking about getting one, but the only one I'd have is the M3 one. I like the look of it with no spoiler almost equally at having a spoiler. If only there was a way i could be able to attach it and remove it as I feel like it without having to drill holes or damage anything.

But i dont think looking at the cost of it as a deciding factor. It would only cost like $300 to paint and fill the holes in the bootlid and it would make quite a dramatic difference to the line of the car. I think Im going to keep a eye out for a spoiler anyway just for a change. As someone said already it kind of completes the kit, I love the clean look of having no spoiler too. So I voted remove.

just buy another boot with a spoiler attached, then you can swap it depending on what mood you are in :)

I too sit on the fence in that respect Nick. I dont have a spoiler at the moment but Im thinking about getting one, but the only one I'd have is the M3 one. I like the look of it with no spoiler almost equally at having a spoiler. If only there was a way i could be able to attach it and remove it as I feel like it without having to drill holes or damage anything.

But i dont think looking at the cost of it as a deciding factor. It would only cost like $300 to paint and fill the holes in the bootlid and it would make quite a dramatic difference to the line of the car. I think Im going to keep a eye out for a spoiler anyway just for a change. As someone said already it kind of completes the kit, I love the clean look of having no spoiler too. So I voted remove.

Shame your cars not black, I'd swap.

One thing everyone has forgotten, if Nick removes his spoiler, he is going to have to put one of those horrible aftermarket high stop lights in his rear window.

Choice, spoiler with built in brake light or the 'clean look' with an ugly high stop light.

I know which way I would go.

Edited by C0SM0S

He can get the pacel shelf where the highstop light is built in like mine and NZ New models They look good I think

keep it, wouldnt have my E36 with out it's spoiler.

IMO Nick it looks way sleeker and smoother without it, but im also biased.. although i do say a small lip does look the biz B)

Personally I think the colour of the car has a lot to do with how good/bad it will look. I think darker colours give more shadows and hence look meaner and maybe even 'chunkier'.

The red doesnt look so chunky and so gets away without having the spoiler, however with black or dark grey, Id leave it on.

I saw a red E36 coupe today with the same spoiler and it didn't quite look right.

But on the darker coloured bmw's it looks really good.

I removed mine when i first bought the M3 to see what it would look like, didn't like the look at all, i think the colour of the car is a major factor also.

IMO definatly do away with it - downside holes that need filling and paint that needs matching :S but much much cleaner and shows the amazing lines of the E36 :)

^^ Agree mate.

Now seeing as the 'remove it' votes are beating the 'keep it's'. I'm gonna have to remove it! haha. :P

I tried today but it looks asthough someone has tried to remove it in the past as one of the screws are stripped. Will give it a proper go tomorrow, and post up the results.

nic i do believe the keep it votes are now ahead again. the rear spoiler gives it a bit of personality :)

nic i do believe the keep it votes are now ahead again. the rear spoiler gives it a bit of personality :)

Ohh pissshhh. Who needs votes!

if all else fails with the screw.. turn to the trusty drill ;) just be careful haha. I think a cheeky little lip would suit that colour though too

Ok, Seeing as I appreciated your opinions sooo much and the 'keep its' seemed to be leading for the entire time bar 5 minutes I thought I'd leave it on.

So I 'kept it' for a week.... then I took it off! :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, I think I perfer it. As I knew it would do, its given it a cleaner line. I didn't get a photo completely side on of course, but the profile is a lot flatter and cleaner aswell. I'm gonna leave it off for a while, then maybe get a lip spoiler in the future.

I'm still keen to hear your opinions. Especially now seeing its off.

Cheers guys.

Including the customary double shot B)

Posted Image

my opinion.. looks great, definatly shows off the lines of the car more. one thing that would give the car an even tougher look would be the clear indicator rear lights (red brake lights as normal but wil the white reverse and indicator strip) if you get what i mean... looking nice though mate

my opinion.. looks great, definatly shows off the lines of the car more. one thing that would give the car an even tougher look would be the clear indicator rear lights (red brake lights as normal but wil the white reverse and indicator strip) if you get what i mean... looking nice though mate

Cheers mate. Sooo jealous of your M parallels btw. B)

I'm on the search for the clear rears. Don't come up very often unfortunately.

Lookings way better Nick! But I am bias :)

Loose the orange rears and get some clears and it will look the bizz

t the clear set (front indicators,side indicators, rear lights) for i think its 250 or something off trademe every now and then...

My two cents worth, I think it now looks semi naked.

It's a sports car and should look like a sports car, and the spoiler does give it a much sportier look.

Compare yours agianst my car........ which looks the more sportier?

This is a personal opinion.

post-2989-1244406383_thumb.jpg

Edited by C0SM0S

I like it. Much smoother.

If only mine wasn't glued so bloody hard.