Sign in to follow this  
ewie

E46 center dash A/C vent - trying to remove & replace

Hey all.. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the a/c vent in the center of the dash, above the radio on my E46. Have managed to get a sfar as removing the radio but it looks like I need to remove the climate control console as well to get access to the back of the vent.

Can anyone add any tips? Better still, anyone got a workshop manual I can borrow??

I need to remove the climate control console as well to get access to the back of the vent.

Why ??

Accurate manuals only come on DVD's now... my system is down ATM ....doing an upgrade

Why ??

Because despite being loosened the vent won't come out. I think it's because of the linkage (middle wheel that controls the warm/cold air mix) that I need to get to and disconnect first. Problem is, as far as I can tell, that the "casing unit" that houses the radio and climate control console needs to come out. Radio's out.. no problem, but can't see how to remove the climate console....

Edited by **Ewie**

Hope this helps... came from the BMW TIS

post-450-1244199376_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps... came from the BMW TIS

Same thing I came up with checking TIS for Ewen this morning. Chassis # might help in case its different though

Thanks for the help guy's... hmm, might have to man handle it a bit since it wouldn't budge with the screws removed....