Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Renaultsport Megane Team F1

Yep, and in essence they are the best of the lot! I actually think 28k is a bit high but good on him for trying, I bet he got it at Turners for 24-25 last week.

Anyone carjamed that number plate from the trade me listing above?

Carjam

Edited by 3 SERIES

i would actually like one of these - nice car. although the R26R is a little too much - bendy windows seems a bit over the top

only things are it's a hatchback, and that arse..

I have grown up admiring hot hatches, they make a lot of sense as a performance car, its 100% practical and yet is as much fun and as fast or faster than a coupe or performance sedan. Driving one quickly had me forgetting it looks different than a awesome looking Corolla or Mazda 3 :rolleyes:

I have just bought a 09 F1 R26. Great car, alittle torque steer in 1st and second but otherwise great fun. Only pain is the seats are not that great. In other markets they came with Recaro's but not old NZ. I am told they are 8K each! The seats in it are abit short and after a while get uncomfortable under your thigh. Oh well.

I have just bought a 09 F1 R26. Great car, alittle torque steer in 1st and second but otherwise great fun. Only pain is the seats are not that great. In other markets they came with Recaro's but not old NZ. I am told they are 8K each! The seats in it are abit short and after a while get uncomfortable under your thigh. Oh well.

Nice,Pics? Did you buy it new?

Well done, you won’t get board of it in a hurry and you’ll get used to the torque steer quite quick, after a few weeks you won’t even notice it. Mine has a Torque sensing LSD so won’t be as harsh.

I don’t mind the seats in mine, at least yours aren’t Blue... Blame Australia for the lack of Recaro’s, they didn’t meet their ADR standards.

What colour did you get, Black or Yellow??

Apex, I thought Australia did get the recaro's, that's what i could not work out their price new their was 40K vs NZ 49K add in the exhange rate. How they managed to get them without inflating the car price?

Anyway, it's black i was going to get the yellow, but the dealer sold it it to his mother!

Apex, I thought Australia did get the recaro's, that's what i could not work out their price new their was 40K vs NZ 49K add in the exhange rate. How they managed to get them without inflating the car price?

Anyway, it's black i was going to get the yellow, but the dealer sold it it to his mother!

Looking good! I think black is the smarter choice, looks a bit more discreet and should be easier to sell when you move on in a couple of years.

Whos is the Wgtn dealer nowadays?

Victory Yellow is the most popular Colour of them all, shame we only got Yellow and Black down under, in Europe you could choose from 5 or 6.

If you haven’t already go out and get some decent cleaning products to protect the paint, a good wax to start with then a regular wax to maintain it, get yourself a soft mitt (microfiber or my preference wool) and a light cleaning product as well as a quick detailer and microfiber drying towel for drying. At the price they are the paint on them is not quite BMW standard Mine was in a terrible state when I got it and it still has visible non repairable swirl marks even after some serious correction.

The Australian’s said no to the Recaro’s, something to do with side impact, I don’t quite understand as even with them they would be safer than most cars for sale in the Australian market.

Just had a look at one of these in Gazley-Troy Wellington (2009, black)

Very very nice in person

Not a BMW but foo you all my BMW is boring as heck and all I do is clean it.

This sh*t just got serious.

Took the car out on the track for a shake down today and am very impressed with how the car now goes, thanks to a healthy weight reduction, increased stiffness and the supportive seats it is now a proper race machine, perhaps bit boring on the track.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also fitted a FORGE intake pipe. Good for a laugh, im sure it doe next to nothing.

Posted Image

Few things to tidy up, paint the interior, refit a few bits and bobs..

Next week is installation of Race Monit Trip, relocation of battery, removal of front airbags and warning system, fitment of new shocks and semi slick tyres. Week after is sign writing, WOF and authority card.. and then its first three day event weekend of March 11-13th.

Cheers Motorsport Services for the late nights getting it done this last week, great job!

Need a good auto electrician to wire up the Monit and relocate the battery.

Check out updates on Facebook.. and like Apex Apparel if you could, would really appreciate the support.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Apex-Apparel/186502118049211

Targa Bambina kicks off from Murphy’s Law in Drury and the cars will be there the Afternoon and evening of the 11th if anyone wants to come and say hi and check out the cars, there is a full entry of 100 cars this year so plenty of eye candy.

...removal of front airbags and warning system... and authority card..

I gather the cage goes through to the strut towers then?? Couldn't see in the pics.

And this is only my opinion, but, that has to be the ugliest looking engines I have seen (prob. like most modern, plastic covered engines I guess) kind of goes with the body style also..... flame suit on, runs for cover

I see in the engine photo "X" marks the spot between No1 & No2 cylinders. Is this where it turns to sh*t at some point ? :P Looks like it's there from factory

Cheers guys, cage is very nice, just has some new carbon flooring put in the front and drove it home from Motorsport Services at Hampton Downs where it was built, they have some real cars in there

And for the record Glenn you conceded old prick its very reliable, its upto 110,000km and still pulls f**ken hard, easily passed an E46 M3 on the track yesterday, idles perfectly and makes more power at the wheels than its meant to have at the engine, and its completely stock.

Realises how useless completely useless Bimmersport is and f**ks off :rolleyes:

Realises how useless completely useless Bimmersport is and f**ks off :rolleyes:

Don't do that, unless you are French as your car, throwing up the white flag like a surrender monkey.

It seemed like pretty harmless banter, or offering of opinions to me.

Edited by Grant

Wow... can someone throw all the toys back into the sandpit and put some honey on Grahams spoon... or give him a dummy... f**k me...cant you take a joke Graham ? you that thin skinned ?

Function > form.

Keep it up Graham best of luck for the Targa.

You're wasting your time, apparently he has "f**ked off" (unless he is lurking anonymously hoping no-one puts two and two together?)