Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Renaultsport Megane Team F1

Have done the main event last year with the tour and it was a blast, highly recommended to anyone who want to use their car properly but doesn't want to cage it, it would kill a low car though.

We got minimal air on the yumps at 140kph, have since learnt my sump sits 5cm above the across member and that is the lowest point so I will get some good photo's this year without fair of sump damage, have seen them bend suspension arms though!

Edited by Apex

Targa tour is definitely on my 'to-do list' either this year or next.

Looks a ball!

Don't do it. You will end up doing what I have done to the Megane and you will be endlessly poor.

Like this picture of the team before we headed off, our race car, support RS250 and the Van with all the bells and whistles!

Posted Image

Still waiting on the DVD from Goundsky.

Posted Image

Entered Targa Bambina this week so its all go again in March.. witch is good because it will take that long to pay for everything and get the car going faster.

We are looking at an in car camera for next event, any recommendations would be great. I hear Go-Pro are good.

Go for the new Go Pro Hero2, its pushing a 11mpx sensor and runs on the new Ambarella A5s chipset. The lens is now glass as well so its twice as clear. That and a bunch of remote start over wireless and live video over wi-fi devices and other features are being launched early next year for it.

Thanks for that, will wait for that then, lucky because I was about to buy the current model.

Hero2 camera is out now for purchase, the new accessories are availible early next year.

Just make sure you ask which one it is, as a lot of stores are trying to dump the old model off right now.