Sign in to follow this  
Apex

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Unless it’s foggy turn them off, this is really starting to piss me off the amount of Euro trash with these switched on at night. They are bright and very distracting more so if you suffer from pore eye sight like me.

Also, why must you drive with your front fogs on? Other road users think you are retarded and you look stupid. Is there an invisible fog that no one else can see? Maybe try your demister.

Would love to see the police start fining people for this instead of German plates and would also like to see the rear fog light switch removed so that bob the sales rep in his 2003 Mondeo wont switch them on.

Jeez Graham, Get a life and get some glasses.

I drive with my lights on everytime I turn the key. Arguably Ive removed my foglights for now so theyre not on, but...

So what. Nothing wrong with front fogs. They look cool.

As for rear fogs being blinding. Overtake the f**ker, or back off. Don't think its reaaaaly that much of an issue.

Really?

I drive with front fogs, mainly due to the poor light from my headlights hence the stockings.

Fog lights do look cool do

Fog lights do look cool do

+1 think they look awesome

I have never really been distracted by cars driving with their fogs and I have poor vision too. I find super bright HID's more distracting, especially if I am wearing my glasses.

Edited by Togate

Knobs :P

They don’t look cool, they look bright. In most other countries it is illegal to drive with them on unless it’s foggy. They are called fog lights for a reason, if they weren’t for fog they would call them something else like “Knob lightsâ€

Ok, so fronts aren’t so bad but if I catch any of you with your rear fogs on im going to remove the button myself! Have been stuck behind so many people with them on lately and its really distracting!

I drive with front fogs, mainly due to the poor light from my headlights hence the stockings.

So let me get this straight.

You drive with your fogs on because your headlights are crap because you have stockings on them ?

If thats the case, that has to be one of the most stupid things Ive ever heard.....if not.....as you were :)

It looks awesome though. Lol.

Not a hating thread, maybe people don’t even realise they have their rear fog lights on? Its really distracting is all.

I hate rear fogs with a passion

+1

Rear fogs on ...gives me the shits

Rear fogs are arse (unless it's foggy). Noticed there were lots of tools with them on in Akl. Front fogs ftw on all the time due to crap e30 lights ha and I don't have stockings

I want to shoot out rear fogs with my .22. They drive me nuts! BTW Apex, it is illegal in NZ to drive with them on unless there is reduced visibility due to atmospheric conditions. The police did a bit of a campaign on it a few years back and everyone moaned on here. I fully support the police on this.

Following someone with rear fogs is distracting.

Fronts don't bother me anywhere near as much.

Rear fogs were mean when people tailgated me home driving 60kmph down lake road, put them on and slow down to 50, get heaps of toots.

Other than that they're a pain if people have them on, front fogs ftw though.

Jeez Graham, Get a life and get some glasses.

Sunglasses? Good idea. Thanks Brian, bloody ripper :lol:

I dont see a problem with driving with the front fogs on. I do it, but obviously not on sunny days.

As for the rears, they are killer bright! The only time I use them is when someone is tailgating me. They soon get the message when I hit the back the truck off button!

If you have your front fog lights on when it is not foggy. It is illegal. If you get a wanker cop like a mate of mine recently did. You will be fined.

I was made to remove my fog lights from my 180sx when I got it complied a few years back. Had to fully remove them rather than just disable them.

As Peter does. Whenever the cars moving I have the lights on. Fogs included. I think the front of pretty much any car looks better with them on.

Hate the rear fogs. Try to pass anyone who has them on and use my high viabilities on them.

i agree - rear fogs are annoying and unnecessary. I also agree with whoever said HID's are just as bad - they f**k me off sooo much, sooo blinding!

Read the rules of the road I think you will find that drifit, Dan is correct having your front fog lights on when not required could get you a green piece of paper and your wallet a little lighter sorry to say.

I only use my rear fogs when i know the person driving behind me, and then I turn them on and off as fast as possible, as well as doing that to the brake lights, actual rear lights, and the indicators. Makes quite a show.

It pisses me off when i see people driving in the middle of the day with their lights on.

WHY?

I do agree about rear fog lights being on all the time, they are not nice to follow. I do use mine when its really foggy or that time i went around a corner and all my rear lights blew at once yes i did switch them on that time.

I tend not to use the fronts as only one side of mine works.

While I do agree with most of the pro fronts anti rear fog light comments, i don't see much of a need to bitch about fog lights all over again.

It pisses me off when i see people driving in the middle of the day with their lights on.

WHY?

It's ok if it's just the city lights... can't blame them if they want better visibility. Some countries have DRLs anyway. If it's fully on then it's just funny because they probably forgot to turn them off.

Like most I hate it when people use rear fogs in normal conditions. Serious safety hazard for those driving behind them, I can't sit behind them for any extended period of time.

Front fogs are fine to me, I don't get annoyed by other people running them, really it really comes down to aiming for most lighs (except rear fogs)... not so much the light itself. A 1980's car with old, low output lights that are aimed too high are infinitely worse than properly aimed HIDs.

Read the rules of the road I think you will find that drifit, Dan is correct having your front fog lights on when not required could get you a green piece of paper and your wallet a little lighter sorry to say.

Here