Sign in to follow this  
Apex

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

That's the button Liv. Green dash light for front fogs, orange dash light for rears.

That's the button Liv. Green dash light for front fogs, orange dash light for rears.

Well well well i may have been one of those idiots who have put those lights on from time to time haha <_< Sorry to anyone who has followed me while theyve been on.... but now muwahaha for people who tail gate i now have a weapon woop! :lol: another mystery about my beamer is solved!

I can't see any problems with front fog lights on either....illegal HID and drive at night with head lights OFF are a lot worse.....

To be honest I don't know why it causes a trouble for you cause although they are pretty bright but their positions are generally quite low......When I drive I generally don't focus on anything below their headlights.

Front fogs are bright and light up about one meter in front of and beside the car, useless for anything other than fog and narrow parking spots.

They don’t personally bother me on most cars, I if anything feel embarrassed for the knob driving that thinks they look cool.. Much like the guy that crosses over a speed bump in a stock height car or that guy with a Nissan Cefero that thinks its cool. It’s just my opinion, not a personal attack. I say rock on with your front fogs blazing you crazy cool kids ^_^

hey so ummm....rear fog light button.....is that that button next to the steering wheel ? that i have been turning on and off trying to figure out what it did since it didnt change anything on the front head lights yet there was a little light symbol thing on my speedo that pops up when pushed in ? uh ohs LOL

Orange dash light is rears.. Daemon Red light!

!

I really hated having to cross speed bumps in my old car. I felt like such a berk. Oh, if only I knew it was the cool thing to do :rolleyes:

Anyone want "turn off your foglights, you don't need them" stickers?

I mean guys that do it with a car that isn’t low.. My office overlooks a speed bump, you be surprised at the amount of people that angle that sh*t out.. and the people that do have low cars that just race over it at 40k.

So, last three nights in a row Ive had to drive home (through the CBD and up Aro Valley) behind twats with their rear fogs on. So Ive driven the entire way behind them with my xenon, main beam and front fogs and they havent even looked in their mirror to see what the fuss is about !

How can people be so unaware of whats going on around them ?

I've always wanted a message board for my car rear window...

Followed a Golf the other night with its single red cyclops eye burning at me. Was so bright I couldn't make out the tail light on the opposite side of the car. I think its the same cow who used to blind me in her Peugeot until she wrote it off into another car and a truck in front of me on the way to work about 6 months ago.

Bev B, I hope your poor driving skills causes you to back into a lamp post and break your damn fog light.

Fog lights don't bother me so much.

It's the damned idiots with mis-alligned headlights (usually all new 4x4's and utes) / illegal headlights / fullbeamers that really grind my gears

Do they really think it's cool to blind other drivers?

Some idiot followed me this morning from Upper Hutt all the way into Wellington .... he was sitting maybe a few centimetres off my bumper (I swear if I had a towbar, that he could've just hooked onto it and had a free ride) ... this doesn't usually bother me, except this morning is was raining steadily and he also had his full beams on.

The other idiots that really grind my gears are one's that can't stay in their own lane.

Almost every day I nearly get hit by someone half on my side of the road (usually because they are avoiding cyclists or parked cars); or they are in the right turning lane and cross into the left lane where I am so they can get a better racing line through a round-about.

I'm wondering how these people get licences (and keep their licence). They obviously have no respect for other drivers and have no idea of what is happening around them.

Cheer up man.......we are bmw owners ....be happy on the road.

There are a lot of annoying drivers on the road , to be honest a car with fog lights on doesn't really bother me at all....comparing to those that travel 70k in a 50k zone plus give u a bad look when overtake you....

Those people should really be forbidden to drive.

Fog lights don't bother me so much.

It's the damned idiots with mis-alligned headlights (usually all new 4x4's and utes) / illegal headlights / fullbeamers that really grind my gears

Do they really think it's cool to blind other drivers?

Some idiot followed me this morning from Upper Hutt all the way into Wellington .... he was sitting maybe a few centimetres off my bumper (I swear if I had a towbar, that he could've just hooked onto it and had a free ride) ... this doesn't usually bother me, except this morning is was raining steadily and he also had his full beams on.

The other idiots that really grind my gears are one's that can't stay in their own lane.

Almost every day I nearly get hit by someone half on my side of the road (usually because they are avoiding cyclists or parked cars); or they are in the right turning lane and cross into the left lane where I am so they can get a better racing line through a round-about.

I'm wondering how these people get licences (and keep their licence). They obviously have no respect for other drivers and have no idea of what is happening around them.

so what your saying is; (or i'm hearing)

I should buy a super cheap e34,e32.

clean it up.insure it 3 times the purchase price/market value and drive according to the law.

soon enough you'll be making money.

i should know,worked out like this twice now.

i love it when guys are up my date,for no good reason.alight tap on the brakes,and the problem goes

away rather quickly ^_^

m

I couldn't give a f**k if people think I'm a try hard driving with my front fog lights on.

I do it to be more visible to other road users. If people think I'm a tosser at least that means they've seen me.

I'm a fan of DRL's and had them on my last car.

I use the fog lights because they have a wider but shorter spread of light therefore hopefully more noticeable to people at intersections, driveways etc.

Id rather be a 'try hard' and avoid an accident than look 'cool' (adding chromes to the old girl next - yeah right) and end up with the car written off, or worse still, someone injured or killed.

I also wear a huge hi viz jacket on my motorbike - doesn't make me enjoy it any less but hopefully increases the odds of me going home to my family in one piece.

However... rear fog lights are blinding and I do hate them being used in anything other than fog.

And just because it's the law doesn't mean the law is right. I fitted DRL's to my previous car and it passed many WOF's. In fact I installed them in accordance with LTSA regs but I really can't see any difference between driving with DRL's or fog lights on.

And that's my two cents!