Sign in to follow this  
Braeden320

My Mondeo ST220

2004 Ford Mondeo ST220

6sp Manual, 220hp, Traction & Stability Control, Leather, Factory 18inch rims.

Great Car, Not many in NZ. Goes and handles real well and can carry 5 people and a bootload of gear while doing it

Average Pics, Im not much of a photographer.

Snow pic was up Mt Egmont on the weekend

post-2185-1244436146_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1244436330_thumb.jpg

Edited by braeden.

Nice one im a fan for sure

Nice man lookin good! Sharp looking colour.

Bet its goes well.

I dont know much about Mondeos tho.

Taranaki FTW!

nice looking car, thise Mondeo's really are a great driver's car and highly under rated here in NZ. Other pics are at Lake Rotomanu I think? Should be a golf course on your left!

Never woulda thought it but I like that Mondeo, very european looking (suprise suprise) They are not fun for a parts supplier though lol :P

nice looking car, thise Mondeo's really are a great driver's car and highly under rated here in NZ. Other pics are at Lake Rotomanu I think? Should be a golf course on your left!

That sure is lake Rotomanu Jonno.. you know of it do ya?

Cheers guys,designed and made in belgium.

Yep pics were at lake rotomanu Jono, and your right they are a very underated car. have had a few people try and say its just a dressed up mondeo then they take it for a drive.....and get a rather big wake up.They are no slug and handle very well to boot.

Havn't needed any parts other than a few filters which I got from the dealership no worries.

Edited by braeden.

Never woulda thought it but I like that Mondeo, very european looking (suprise suprise) They are not fun for a parts supplier though lol :P

That sure is lake Rotomanu Jonno.. you know of it do ya?

Sure do, I grew up in the Naki! Spent many an afternoon down that way - more specifically surfing off the groin out there at the river mouth. Even managed to knock myself out one day!

Nice one, love these Mondeo they go like stink and sound fantastic, they go under the radar here, but that’s a good thing aint it, pull up to some bogan in an XR6 and feel sorry for him knowing your car is far superior.

Guest Simon*

Actually looks ok for a Mundane-o ;)

The Euro-Fords are definitely the only ones to own, and I have a soft spot for anything with 6 gears

St220 was the mondeo and St170 the Focus, de-tuned race cars, I bet it goes hard, Rotomanu is that by Eltham or Waiwakaiho, can't remember, plenty of miles between them I know but can't remeber which one is which.

Rotomanu is that by Eltham or Waiwakaiho, can't remember, plenty of miles between them I know but can't remeber which one is which.

Waiwakaiho

De-tuned race cars I think not. The ST170 was a warm version of the regular Focus and the ST Mondeo is a slightly worked version of the regular 2.5 Mondeo. Both drive fantastic though, if the ST170 had a turbo engine It would be a fantastic car.

My family both have the a ST170 and the XR5 (ST225 Turbo) I drive the ST170 regularly and can vouch it is a fantastic car, handles like sh*t to paper, does need a bit more mumbo on the open road for overtaking, but that duratec motor is fantastic. Going from what my Dad said about the ST225 it has so much torque you don't even have to change out of 6th gear to pass cars etc, it gives the same kick in the seat our old 240kw XR6 Turbo used to give, it is a fantastic car and 5drs too as opposed to the 170 which is a 3dr. Both are fantastic cars I would say the best feature of both is the brilliant 6spd box. Hope that gives a little insight.

Says a lot for the lesser models eh, can see why both were best in there respected categories. I have driven the ST220 and wouldn’t say it was a XR6-T rival in a straight line, dynamically yes but the XR6-T has over 200nm more torque, that’s about an extra 325i on top of the Mondeo.

I seem to remember Jeremy Clarkson recommending the brilliant ST220 over a BMW three series, the reasoning was that there were less Mondeo’s sold that year than E46’s.

My family both have the a ST170 and the XR5 (ST225 Turbo) I drive the ST170 regularly and can vouch it is a fantastic car, handles like sh*t to paper, does need a bit more mumbo on the open road for overtaking, but that duratec motor is fantastic. Going from what my Dad said about the ST225 it has so much torque you don't even have to change out of 6th gear to pass cars etc, it gives the same kick in the seat our old 240kw XR6 Turbo used to give, it is a fantastic car and 5drs too as opposed to the 170 which is a 3dr. Both are fantastic cars I would say the best feature of both is the brilliant 6spd box. Hope that gives a little insight.

XR5 Mondeo or Focus? Same engine and box.

Focus is better due to the superior Power/weight ratio.

Mondeo good, but should have been a 3.0 Turbo

They have dropped the XR5 Mondeo in NZ now. Should have given it the full blown Volvo 2.5! The ST220 is much better.

Sorry Braden, I meant 3.0.

They have dropped the XR5 Mondeo in NZ now. Should have given it the full blown Volvo 2.5! The ST220 is much better.

Sorry Braden, I meant 3.0.

Allgood Man, 2.5 like this? do you mean? Nice cars.

XR5 Mondeo or Focus? Same engine and box.

Focus is better due to the superior Power/weight ratio.

Mondeo good, but should have been a 3.0 Turbo

Focus ST225, first one delivered into NZ, was supposed to be the Ford NZ CEO's car IIRC

Focus ST225, first one delivered into NZ, was supposed to be the Ford NZ CEO's car IIRC

Awesome, Very cool rare car

Very cool looking wagan.

I paid 21k, Its got everything I wanted, great bang for buck. To be honest im not really even a ford or holden fan and never pictured myself owning one.. But like you say Si the euro ones are OK.

That's unbelievable value. Looks great, love the rims. Does it struggle for grip at all being FWD? Or does the computer sort all that out?

That's unbelievable value. Looks great, love the rims. Does it struggle for grip at all being FWD? Or does the computer sort all that out?

It Sticks like sh*t to a blanket, I've got a good set of Dunlop 225/35/18 on her which help(sorry can't remember the model but they wern't cheapies) and if it does break traction the computer takes over, which does happen

ESP is so good, wouldn't buy another car without it.

Just brought myself the plate 'ST220' for the car. Want to get it in Euro but it cost be enough anyway without it being another $500 to get it done in Euro

Edited by braeden.

Ridiculous. Get a German plate. The cops have given up caring now. Hope you plan on keeping the car for a while, ST220 will look silly on a BMW.. As does TTEETT.

It Sticks like sh*t to a blanket, I've got a good set of Dunlop 225/35/18 on her which help(sorry can't remember the model but they wern't cheapies) and if it does break traction the computer takes over, which does happen

ESP is so good, wouldn't buy another car without it.

Do you run the SP Sport Maxx? They are a top tyre, just ran my set out on the Meggie, mine were 235 and griped like you say sh*t to a blanket.

Its funny how people see drive train as a determining factor in grip, my FWD has more grip than any car I have driven

ESP is awlways off though :)