Sign in to follow this  
wolliver

!Help!Temperature Gauge

Can anyone tell me pleases why my temperature gauge needle jumps around everywhere? Do they use voltage stabilisers? And would this cause the gauge to give false readings?

Can anyone tell me pleases why my temperature gauge needle jumps around everywhere? Do they use voltage stabilisers? And would this cause the gauge to give false readings?

Sounds like the gauge earth is bad, theres a brass bolt on the back of the gauge (you have to remove your cluster to do this) tighten it up, and it should be sweet.

^^

I need to do this too :)

When things start going whacky in your instrument cluster it can mean the batteries for the service indicator are buggered.

I Would check the wiring on the sensor and make sure its working

mine completly stoped working, and after testing the wire's were screwed and the sensor was playing up

When things start going whacky in your instrument cluster it can mean the batteries for the service indicator are buggered.

That could be true for me also, my SI doesn't even work.

SI batteries or brass nut on the back. If you give the dash a whack does the needle move / come right?

To take out the dash remove the kick panel above your legs, look up behind there and you should see two round aluminium nuts you can undo with your fingers, take those off, and you should be able to pop out the panel underneath the dash. Take out the screws that hold the panel in that surrounds the dash cluster and remove it. Now you can get to the screws that hold the dash cluster in. Unplug it (you need to pop out the clips that hold the plugs in) and then you can have fun wrestling it out past the steering wheel.

Behind the temp gauge theres a brass nut, make sure thats tight.