Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

BMW012 parked at devonport Sunday night, had BS stickers, looked bloody tidy.

Not me, although I've been known to cruise Newmarket to get me wife lattes from Starbucks every Saturday ....

Does he still own it? Wouldn't mind getting hold of him if possible ... or even just a rego will do if he is shy .... : ) Trying to find out whether there are 2 or 3 black CSLs ... my hunch tells me there's 3 - but I've only personally ever seen 2.

go to BMW NZ....they may tell you without giving any contaqct info of course

Does he still own it? Wouldn't mind getting hold of him if possible ... or even just a rego will do if he is shy .... : ) Trying to find out whether there are 2 or 3 black CSLs ... my hunch tells me there's 3 - but I've only personally ever seen 2.

Pm'ed

Just saw a stunning red 1991 e30 alpina outside riccarton mall...

Number plate "91LPNA"

Anyone seen it around?

Number plate "91LPNA"

Anyone seen it around?

Pretty sure he's a member, I'll try find the thread.

I'm sure someone in Chch had one and have seen it on Fendalton road near my place.

Number plate "91LPNA"

Anyone seen it around?

Ha! Was going to post something about this car on here too!

Spotted in Dunedin during the Knox College Centenary Weekend - first saw it driving up the college drive on Sunday but it had to reverse because a tree planting ceremony was going on (performed by the oldest ex-Knoxie present).

Only saw the red front guard and Alpina wheels before it reversed but that was enough to get my attention! Later saw it parked on Opoho Road by the Arden Street entrance. Knew it had to be an ex-Knoxie because the 1982 yearbook was on the dash :)

Went back later with a windscreen-note to encourage the owner to chat with the current Assistant Master about E30s AND the college (my E30 cabrio was parked at the rear of the college), but sadly the Alpina was no longer there.

Is your E30 Cabrio red?

Saw a really nice one a few days ago.

In Chch,

Linden; Waireki Road caltex friday night (7th). Cars looking awesome.

#plate: DUDE 1; Litchfield street in town on sat night (8th); cool looking e39 540i. Whoever was driving was thrashing it lol.

_MARK_; parked outside DCH Motorsport a few weeks ago. Still cant get over how shiney it was.

#plate: L M535i L (i think); an amazing red ///m e28, at riccarton mall, parked across from borders a while ago now. The new part had just opened.

Is your E30 Cabrio red?

It's DiamondSchwartz (same as mine), seen it a few times when I used to live in dunedin.

Also used to see dunnerz_e30(?) a bit to.

Is your E30 Cabrio red?

Mine's black with an M-Tech II bodykit. I believe I know the one you mean: PFL model that I've often spotted in South D. Was also parked near my one at Long Beach on Easter weekend.

Ahh...

I guess I haven't seen you... yet.

But my parents live down SouthD ways, so that's where I saw it :)

Also used to see dunnerz_e30(?) a bit to.

DunzzerzE30 or something...

Turns out he's a mate of a mates.

Edited by antil33t

saw a white 318i coupe driving down the northwestern today heading west at about 3.40pm. had full mtec 1 kit and looked like some racing dynamic wheels. only problem there was a cop following ya. number plate XZ2403

ps looked mint

Edited by RAPIDO

That was me! That's a scary amount of information you collected about my car while driving!

Cop followed me from city until he got off at Lincoln road, I don't think he was actually following me but rather heading to the Henderson station.

haha good memory! car looks good man. i was in the corolla so you wouldnt have noticed me.

Guest Simon*

I can play this game too

At lunchtime I saw a nice Lachsilber E30 Coupe with Tech1 kit on dished weaves and a hot Calypsorot E38 740 with 19 or 20" Alpinas that looked teh business

I win the Spotted thread! I think this car is a members, but it's absolutely stunning irl. Sorry, only had my pointnshoot Olympus with me in dusk conditions... Suxxor photos.

post-1573-1250219403_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1250219422_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1250219447_thumb.jpg

Was that near my work?

What are the name of those wheels? Might just be me but they look bigger than the standard wheels in that pattern.

Edited by Junkers

Standard 16inch M5 weaves J, would be very, very hard to find in NZ. Only 2 E28 M5's in NZ I think!

Followed a very nice silver e39 motorsport with a bimmersport sticker on the back window out of Gulf Harbour and onto the motorway into town this morning.

go to BMW NZ....they may tell you without giving any contaqct info of course

BMW NZ won't provide such info for privacy reasons.

BUT, HAPPY TO REPORT THAT I'VE TRACKED DOWN ALL THE KNOWN CSLs in NZ (bar possibly one other import -still trying to confirm if this car indeed exists)

I can officially report that I have all infos, including chassis number, specs for the 12 CSLs in NZ, 2 imports (one happens to be #6 produced) - All NZ cars are numbered in the #2XX). NZ cars include 2 black sapphire cars and 8 silver grey.

Out of the 10 official imports, 5 are delimited (i.e. no 250km limit) and all are silver grey cars.

All NZ new cars were made between 23rd - 25th September 2003 (yes the whole lot) despite their respective registration dates.

Contrary to popular belief, the driver training CSL that got written off a couple of years ago is one of the 10 official imports - i.e. it isn't a pre-production car or anything special (and a non-delimited car) - so technically speaking, only 9 official NZ new CSLs remain.

Well that's that mystery solved!!!

Edited by M3_Power

Number plate "91LPNA"

Anyone seen it around?

so tidy always seem to see him now