Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

E46 M3s...,,. Getting to be common  sighting in Wgtn 

was following M3 Toy yesterday ...in an e46 M3

• Like 1

Got back recently from a week in San Fran. Pleasantly surprised to see many older beemers in the central city. E28's, e30's, e34's, no 36's spotted but several e46 tourings and many late model tourers. Surprisingly not many SUV models. Saw a gold M4 which looked pretty epic. Shite load of late model mustangs. A few Tesla S's. Massive 4x4 work trucks that seem totally impractical for both carrying tools/equipment and parking...

In North Carolina this week. No older beemers here. Saw this gem hanging out on a sidewalk on display. 

IMG_20170321_182621.jpg

IMG_20170321_182609.jpg

IMG_20170321_182627.jpg

I imagine about 50 people a day laughing at and trying to pronounce the name of the manufacturing plant.

looks like a fun drive though, you should try get a test ride.

is that the new G30?

They had a launch gig at Winger BMW in Welly the other week.  I did not get an invite.  They were telling me about it last week, I asked where it was and the answer was "oh it's gone off to other dealerships".  I guess the RHD models are relatively rare, yet.

it's been so long since I saw a US window sticker.  You realise that once these vehicles have been out long enough for them to have stock in, in the US you can buy the car for $1 over invoice price (the price the dealer paid for the car)?  

20 hours ago, Olaf said:

is that the new G30?

They had a launch gig at Winger BMW in Welly the other week.  I did not get an invite.  They were telling me about it last week, I asked where it was and the answer was "oh it's gone off to other dealerships".  I guess the RHD models are relatively rare, yet.

There are quite a few in-country already, every dealership got at least one 530d model as a demonstrator. The first customer 540i models have arrived, and the 520d is not far away now.

Wingers Welly demo went up to Manawatu and Hawke's Bay for their launch events as they are part of the same group which may explain why it wasn't on site when you were there.

Ask for a test drive - the new tech is pretty impressive.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

There are quite a few in-country already, every dealership got at least one 530d model as a demonstrator. The first customer 540i models have arrived, and the 520d is not far away now.

Wingers Welly demo went up to Manawatu and Hawke's Bay for their launch events as they are part of the same group which may explain why it wasn't on site when you were there.

Ask for a test drive - the new tech is pretty impressive.

thanks for the insights Jon, it must be an exciting time preparing for a new model launch.  

I'll certainly tempt myself with a test drive.  I'm still getting used to the quantum leap of the e60 over the e46, the G30 might blow my mind! :lol:

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, Gabe79 said:

IMG_20170321_182627.jpg

~92,000NZD; No wonder NZ doesn't see more new BMW's on the road with the mark up BMW NZ adds! This car would have to be at least $150,000 here.

McLaren 570 in Mt Wellington, looked f'ing hot.

Followed my wagons slightly dirtier cousin into Carls jr on Paul Mathews rd, had to park up and get a photo.

2017-04-04_11_34_27.jpg

• Like 8

Too much goodness in one picture. And the cars are nice too! :D

Very shiny new 7 series with quilted white leather interior. Very flash, very shiny. in the car park at work. There's another 750 with DC plates too. 

WP_20170314_20_23_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20170314_20_24_18_Pro.jpg

Edited by TermiPeteNZ

Given it has the flagpole attachments in the front fenders, I assume DC is a diplomatic prefix?

7 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

Given it has the flagpole attachments in the front fenders, I assume DC is a diplomatic prefix?

DC in this context, stands for Diplomatic Corps. Yes. :) 

Edited by Gabe79

50 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

yes we see a lot of dc and Cr cars in welly

Have seen two stunning E34's, a white 540i with a nice exhaust note in Moray Place and a light blue one with a M Sport badge on the front grill in South D, looked nice and think it had throwing star rims.

Seen quite A few nice Bimmer's out and about lately and since we've had the 545i my 8 and 10 year old girls are noticing them and starting to call the correct series;-) haha

I see this corker M3 in town most days:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1290517123

M3.jpg

Edited by My545
  • Like 1

I see this beauty most weekends in Glendowie, Auckland, black leather and RHD

Image may contain: car and outdoor

• Like 2

This morning going down Onslow road in Khandallah .... all in a row .... :D

1. Silver F30 Motorsport sedan
  2. Me in Silver E60 M5
  3. Silver F30 M3 sedan

15 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

This morning going down Onslow road in Khandallah .... all in a row .... :D

1. Silver F30 Motorsport sedan
  2. Me in Silver E60 M5
  3. Silver F80 M3 sedan

Fix'd.
Stupid. No idea why they designated the different chassis code -_-

Almost as stupid as splitting the 4 door and 2 door cars into 2 different models and then making a bloody 4 door version of the 2 door model anyway.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Rubix said:

Fix'd.
Stupid. No idea why they designated the different chassis code

The E/F/G Series codes have always come from the Engineering Department's project code at the start of development.

Back in the day it was possible to capture everything under the one E30 code, costs, resources, etc.

Now there is so much more complexity there would be too much info under the one code. Plus it then helps with planning, production, logistics, etc due to the greater level of accuracy from specific codes rather than all lumped into one.

• Like 1

An E30 cab, registered as a Toyota Echo.

• Like 1

Spotted in Welly near the Botanical Gardens - Hartge E30 - didn't check what model or year tho :/ (Doh)

WP_20170416_15_40_27_Pro.jpg

9 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Spotted in Welly near the Botanical Gardens - Hartge E30 - didn't check what model or year tho :/ (Doh)

WP_20170416_15_40_27_Pro.jpg

325i, 1990 NZ new