Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

Ferrari 488 on SH1 heading south out of Auckland. With the indicators flashing all over the place as the driver tried to find the wiper controls :D

• Haha 1

Not one, but two E36 compact race cars.

First was on a trailer heading onto Southern motorway race number 318. 

Second one was being driven on the western motorway, black with RCIS stickers on it.

They seem to be replacing the E30 as the track car of choice, maybe as the E30 is getting to expensive to be a base anymore?

Z1 spotted yesterday, parked up behind it and got a couple of pics - Remuera Auckland,  not my personal fave but don't see many , if any around

z1-1.jpg

z1-2.jpg

• Like 3

plates look super.. really makes a huge difference to the look!

• Like 2

Spotted while travelling down a side street in Parramatta, Sydney on Sunday afternoon...

Genuine? Kit car? Couldn't quite tell - I'm guessing genuine?

Check out the side-by-side with the truck ?

IMG_1314.thumb.JPG.7c905b3d88b9e68d6d888b7e93c2d8a3.JPGIMG_1315.thumb.JPG.d5f33698aeb3baf50146cd783f6d1c82.JPGIMG_1316.thumb.JPG.208943aaf4999387d3b3731f8329c220.JPG

Took the m3 in to a mates work shop for a check up and dyno run and this was also in there 

IMG_1852.JPG

• Like 2

On 14 April 2018 at 10:07 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Not one, but two E36 compact race cars.

First was on a trailer heading onto Southern motorway race number 318. 

Second one was being driven on the western motorway, black with RCIS stickers on it.

They seem to be replacing the E30 as the track car of choice, maybe as the E30 is getting to expensive to be a base anymore?

i was very happy with my compact race car, but ultimately, would rather have it all in an E30 so reshelled it into my E30 coupe.

• Like 1

That's interesting Andy, did you put it into the E30 as you felt it has better performance, or because you prefer the E30 style / shape, etc?

It looks like godzilla stood on it :( 

• Like 3

An (the? How many are there in NZ?) i8 on SH1 heading south past Hampton Downs...

Even Mrs M agreed it looked nice, but qualified that by suggesting it was as much to do with colour use and design as anything else.

Edited by gjm

2 hours ago, gjm said:

Even Mrs M agreed it looked nice, but qualified that by suggesting it was as much to do with colour use and design as anything else.

yup, i do not mind electric as long as it looks like it comes out of Tron. 

• Haha 1

Thought i spotted a black M5 with that new BMW Ice paint this morning walking to work.... on closer inspection it was just a lot of dew/frost :)

• Haha 1

Yesterday as I went for a cruise in the Monaro, first an Aston Martin DB9 in silver and then 15 minutes later an... I8 in white. Both were very niiiice. Very rare here in Porirua ?

• Like 1

8E2C056D-8AE8-4463-B6AE-3189AF5FC7FD.thumb.jpeg.6895c2e2e8a83f993ed5bbd4986cdd48.jpeg56AD79C1-FC7D-432C-BAEE-30890C365456.thumb.jpeg.956872cc1b936e5bddf051e903816494.jpeg1744C196-125D-4AEC-9533-155EC21F96FC.thumb.jpeg.8d926e14fc6b96994094576fab875bc3.jpeg

nice e39 touring..

with acs wheels..

and twisted seats..

• Haha 3

Today on the way home form a Wellington group catch-up... a new M5...

IMG_1479.thumb.JPG.f9df1c07710ee3557b0f019fbf63ad4a.JPG

the ActiveHybrid model ?

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 9:14 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

That's interesting Andy, did you put it into the E30 as you felt it has better performance, or because you prefer the E30 style / shape, etc?

had the compact there all race ready. And then brought a 318i auto 260km coupe, just been repainted alpine wiess the year before. so nothing special, decided it would be a project as i have always wanted to build up a white coupe. decided there was no point having two cars essentially the same under neath, and for the $8-10k or so to get the car there i decided well if the E30 ever does get put into the wall then i can buy another one and reshell again if it comes to that, but up until that point which hopefully never comes, better to do the way i have done it.

also with the compact being dereg, at least with the E30 i can drive to and hopefully home from events etc.

As for performance, the compact was quicker with otherwise the same setup. but thats also probably because the E30 coupe has a half cage and a full interior so thats another 100kg i guess. i havent put this car over the scales, but the compact was 1060kg with the M52, M3 brakes full tank of gas and one seat. i would say the E30 would be 1200kg maybe ?

• Like 1

Spotted St Johns/St Heliers Auckland yesterday - looked absolutely mint, great plate too :)

E9.png

Edited by bga
typo
  • Like 5

Anyone on here ??

Z6765XIWQZBOTLG3SZJWSFUPWE.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

so what happened once they hit the 100km/h signpost and sped up ??

I didn't take the photo. It was on Herald sideswipe