Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

E39 528 touring towing a trailer with an E39 540 sedan on it heading out of Auckland this morning, I figured there's a good chance it was someone on here.... 

Look at the beautiful cycle lane we hear so much about!

Looks confusing af to me, what are the dashed lines for?

On 1/21/2019 at 9:41 PM, M3AN said:

Look at the beautiful cycle lane we hear so much about!

Looks confusing af to me, what are the dashed lines for?

The dashed lines?  They are the carefully designed high-tech force field that keeps pedestians alighting from parked cars - such as your children or your wife or grandmother  - from colliding with a head-down-arse-up cyclist doing 50, just 30 cms to your left.

It's a f%#king disaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I lived in Amsterdam for years and have to wonder why Wellington/Auckland/wherever need to reinvent the 'pedestrian/bike/vehicle' solutions that already exist all over Europe and aren't dumb.

• Like 3

Amen to that, Dave.  Our city councillors continue to make questionable decisions. ?

.... still, it's all okay, right?  We're the only captial city in the world with a FREE ambulance service!  ?

So when that force-field (inevitebly) fails, and a pedestrian and a cyclist have a coming-together, and the laws of physics prevail (conservation of momentum theorem, anyone?); at least there's a friendly efficient collection from the mighty Wellington Free Ambulance service.  They'll scrape the injured off the road, attend to them with skill and empathy, and take them to Wellington Hospital, handily situated approx 7 minutes away in Newtown. ?

/rant

Frankfurt Airport - nice looking car. I can’t decide if it’s as epic as the original. See, for me it’s how this thing is relative to the 6 Series and I wonder if it’s thst much different... 

1C8FD4B6-6DAF-4DE3-9DAA-BBA3D5DBFE8F.jpeg

• Like 1

Came across this wee gem this week at zebra parts manukau, thanks for the parts ??I left with cuts and bruises but I won in the end.

318 converted to 330 manual, perhaps by the lads at HellBM. Also with a Bimmersport sticker on the rear

IMG_20190209_091335.jpg

IMG_20190209_095922.jpg

On 2/5/2019 at 6:34 AM, NZ BMW said:

Frankfurt Airport - nice looking car. I can’t decide if it’s as epic as the original. See, for me it’s how this thing is relative to the 6 Series and I wonder if it’s thst much different... 

1C8FD4B6-6DAF-4DE3-9DAA-BBA3D5DBFE8F.jpeg

the grilles are hideous.I am somewhat biased as i even dislike the grill evolution from an early to late e 34

Rode passed an e36 touring with an M3 badge on the rear today... was on private property behind a gate so I couldn't take a closer look.

Plate is FGP457 but it's actually registered as MEVO which implies the M3 badge on the back is legit (although wearing old plates is dodgy).

Anyone know it? Anyone here converted it?

Edited by M3AN

A 2009 Alpina B7, Nz new apparently. And for sale? Wheels looked too big and ride height too high. Looked like a roller skate.

• Haha 1

A 635 CSI under a blanket at Ngaruwahia Panelbeaters. Looked like a restoration perhaps. 

Spotted FU911, Blue M Coupe yesterday morning on Auckland South-Eastern Highway on ramp towards city. Wonder if the owner's a member here.

1 hour ago, Cannabis9478 said:

Spotted FU911, Blue M Coupe yesterday morning on Auckland South-Eastern Highway on ramp towards city. Wonder if the owner's a member here.

Can't remember his name (sorry if you're reading this) but he's turned up to the casual coffee meet once or twice. Nice car.

Manage to snap some pics of these two while working. Hope to see these again, maybe at the track?

Note: these have been collected by their owners. Picture taken back early Feb.

20190225_151802.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 1:24 PM, M3AN said:

Can't remember his name (sorry if you're reading this) but he's turned up to the casual coffee meet once or twice. Nice car.

His name is Rauly and is on here infrequently.   He is used to own a red 2002tii which he sold to build a restomod 2002 ....in progress.  His shoe is a nice car - great fun to drive!  Lives on the shore and goes to caffeine and classics quite a bit.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's ^ cool, you don't see many of them around!

Anyone know if they did the AWD with the V8?

19 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Anyone know if they did the AWD with the V8?

I don't think so, but Alpina made a some B10 3.0 Allrad based on the 525ix. 

• Like 1

The other cars around that particular house included a C63 AMG sedan and a nice early 90's Merc 250TE estate as well. Good taste in cars

Spotted in Upper Hutt last two days,

E46 M3 with plate M333333

M140i

F90 M5

IMG_20190315_103816.jpg

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Like 1