Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

Hmmm... an M6 with a dubious quality composite full body kit.

i wouldn't consider it an attractive car to start with so a candidate for some type of kit... but this one, I'm not so sure.

$$$ ?

M603.jpg

M601.jpg

M602.jpg

14 minutes ago, qube said:

getting some spicy dumplings ey

you got it :), the busiest take away in Auckland

• Like 1

Spotted last night heading from Balclutha towards Invercargill, a 1970ish E3 S on a trailer behind an 80's Landcruiser. Couldn't get a photo because I was too busy driving the aforementioned Landcruiser at the time ????

• Haha 1

Okay, spill some pics. Bitch.

2 x new BMW Supras, covered in white plastic wrap ( disguisey rather than shipping ) on the back of the truck on the motorway... 

28 minutes ago, M3AN said:

No can do compadre..... that one is just the "mostly complete" parts car....... I say "mostly" because most of it is in the boot ???.... it's nothing spectacular though.... plenty of surface rust and a couple of bad holes, but has 99% of the trim I need to sort the good one out that I should be picking up in a fortnight or so. That one I will grab a few pics of to share with the masses, hopefully it'll be a short term project before it's first cruise in 15 or so years ?

• Like 1

Was it the orange one for sale in Christchurch on trademe recently?

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Was it the orange one for sale in Christchurch on trademe recently?

No, I did see that, and that led me to these two..... I scored two from the same guy, who also happens to have a third one in decent condition that's had a 351 Windsor and 4 speed fitted, his daily is a manual E34 520i........ Oh and an 850CSi tucked away.....

More shall be revealed once I collect the second, much better example ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

No, I did see that, and that led me to these two..... I scored two from the same guy, who also happens to have a third one in decent condition that's had a 351 Windsor and 4 speed fitted, his daily is a manual E34 520i........ Oh and an 850CSi tucked away.....

More shall be revealed once I collect the second, much better example ?

So many E3's have popped up all of a sudden. My mate picked up a rusted out 3.0si as a parts car for his one. I sold mine and know of 3 others as i was trying to sell mine. Looking forward to seeing more on yours

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gaz said:

So many E3's have popped up all of a sudden. My mate picked up a rusted out 3.0si as a parts car for his one. I sold mine and know of 3 others as i was trying to sell mine. Looking forward to seeing more on yours

Thanks man, will definitely throw pics up once I've got it. Haven't seen any others up for sale other than that red one on TradeMe to be honest, then again I wasn't actually looking for another car....... and truth be told I wasn't wanting to buy any more but couldn't say no at the price lol......

Scary bit is looking at parts prices on Fleabay last night...... $300 for a tail light lense........ $300 for a headlight or driving light....... $400 just for the light housing........ $1k for the centre grille.........

On 6/13/2019 at 9:10 PM, M3AN said:

Ok, just cause you asked so nicely, and I happened to be out at the farm yesterday, so I managed to grab a couple of pics of the parts car for you

IMG_20190618_165538.jpg

IMG_20190618_165549.jpg

IMG_20190618_171033.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the pics and lovin' the graveyard!

?

spotted these new suzuki s-cross suv's around and couldnt help but think of the new x

image.thumb.png.d7d5fa9b2e1e9abb3d89f5257d0ff0fe.png

• Like 1

@M3AN was gonna put another post up about spotting yet another E3 on a trailer behind a Landcruiser..... and how it was the same Landcruiser lol. But thought I'd just show you a couple of pics for now, picked the good one up tonight.

Pics taken on my phone in the dark, so will post better ones in the daylight when I can.

Oh and before anyone says anything, that tie-down over the front is just to hold the bonnet shut, don't freak and think I towed the car with just that on it ???

IMG_20190626_214911.jpg

IMG_20190626_214935.jpg

IMG_20190626_215214.jpg

IMG_20190626_215227.jpg

Edited by Mad_Max
  • Like 4

In San Fran at the moment. So many ///M cars. E92/46 M3s everywhere and even a Z3M coupe. 

SF is a very different city now than it was 10 and 20 years ago... it's gone through evolution to revolution. Too much money, it's lost a lot of character.

I remember staying in Palo Alto, not that long ago really (~17 years) and it was 50% slum. Oakland was a dive. lol. 

Still, it's a city I love, are you there for business or pleasure @KWS?

On holiday. Here for the weekend and then onto the UK for goodwood FOS. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KwS said:

On holiday. Here for the weekend and then onto the UK for goodwood FOS. 

outstanding!

Probably was @BlackrazorNZ... started driving south and just couldn't stop... I can see the smile on his face from here! ?

5 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Dark grey new m140 with m performance exhaust in Hamilton, same car as @BlackrazorNZ I guess

3 hours ago, M3AN said:

Probably was @BlackrazorNZ... started driving south and just couldn't stop... I can see the smile on his face from here! ?

I was in the South Island on the TranzAlpine and then driving a Holden Acadia SUV (yuck) back. Wish I could have taken my Beemer :(

• Sad 1

Just thrown some photos and some info up about the E3 for those that are interested, done it in the Projects section: 

• Like 1

Spotted in the Goodwood parking lot. 850csi. Yum. 

Had its park lights on all day, but still fired up like a champ. 

IMG_20190707_203127_358.jpg

• Like 2