Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

I'm often commuting alongside JJS3 in the mornings. Striking car. 

• Like 1

E90, complete with M stripes, nurburgring stickers, and quad remus exhaust tips... RH side ones didnt go anywhere and appeared to be glued on, but I appreciate the effort in keeping that much thrust balanced.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jacko said:

E90, complete with M stripes, nurburgring stickers, and quad remus exhaust tips... RH side ones didnt go anywhere and appeared to be glued on, but I appreciate the effort in keeping that much thrust balanced.

LOL I saw this one too a while back, the two exhaust tips on the right where literally just stuck on to the bumper. Couldn't believe what I was seeing ?

Don't recall the stickers, must have been added on since.

• Haha 2

Saw one of these on the motorway yesterday - https://www.bmw.co.nz/en/all-models/x-series/x7/2018/bmw-x7-inspire.html

I had to take a second look, thought it was one of those offbrand chinese copy things of other prestige cars.. but it was a real BMW... BMW have seriously lost their way, what a monstrosity. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Saw one of these on the motorway yesterday - https://www.bmw.co.nz/en/all-models/x-series/x7/2018/bmw-x7-inspire.html

I had to take a second look, thought it was one of those offbrand chinese copy things of other prestige cars.. but it was a real BMW... BMW have seriously lost their way, what a monstrosity. 

"A statement of the luxury class: the new BMW X7 is the elegant fusion of presence and personality. Despite its majestic appearance, it gives an impression of lightness and agility thanks to the puristic design and athletic styling. At the same time, the considerable spaciousness of the interior offers a pioneering interplay of exclusivity, functionality and freedom – incomparable comfort all the way to the third row of seats."

???

And they use the words "charm" and "elegance" to describe it. ??

I bet the marketing guy who wrote that waffle was crying all over his keyboard whilst typing, wondering where he went wrong in his career path. 

Its the polar opposite of all those things, its about as charming and elegant as Trump wearing crocs and a mankini. 

• Haha 2

Five M2’s in the space of 400m on the motorway today, is there a cool kids club for these?

On 7/25/2020 at 11:18 AM, Jacko said:

It was designed for the Chinese market wasn't it?  Would explain why it looks like a terrible offbrand Chinese copy.  Kind of like the new 4 series.

Riding my BMW GS through the Valley on Sunday and I see an Audi R8 come round the corner, then another and another. 5 in total. Not something you see every day.

• Like 1

Forgive the crappy phone pic but this thing, parked around the corner from my office, is seriously mint, possibly the nicest I've seen.

Great plate too.

Mint_E39_M5.thumb.jpg.3903f5afce37b2142ef068df9dd67beb.jpg

• Like 7

Sorry, no pics... sweet e30 FL coupe Jville BP last night Gletscherblau Metallic, with plate 'ANALOG'.  Turns out it's a sister vehicle to mine - 316i 1990.

Anyone on here?

If its the one I'm thinking of, I know of the guy and pretty sure he works for a mate of mine. He should still have a Tech2 kitted 318i coupe that had a M20b25 in it as well.

• Like 1

Have you guys got water restrictions up there too? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spotted a stunning purple E30 wagon with an intercooler in Masterton today. Cant be many of those around.

2 hours ago, KwS said:

Spotted a stunning purple E30 wagon with an intercooler in Masterton today. Cant be many of those around.

Was it a Rotary powered one? Guy at Repco was telling me there is one around Masterton. 

Sounded like a six. Quite subtle actually.

On 8/9/2020 at 2:31 PM, KwS said:

Saw it today too. Looked great. Almost tooted til I realised I was in the prius. 

• Haha 1