Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Z3 Short Shift Group Buy

I want one, figure if can get a group of people together who want to install one of these in their e30's.

I'm sure SIRE30 (Jason) can help us out with this and cut us a good deal.

Here is a good DIY for anyone interested: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.p...fter_conversion (let me know if the link works).

Post up here if you want one.

1. Forrest

2. Indecorous

3. Jeddy

4. isis

5. BRS

6. mitchE30

7. Pjay

Edited by Forrest

^ 110 to 120 is if I was buying one solely, so a little less than that if a group of us did obviously. I am waiting for Jase to get back to me, he will know more than me :)

Just to let you know incase your not aware, quickshifters will place extra strain/wear on syncro's and will wear them out quicker... 

the Z3 shifter is an OEM part, so it shouldnt matter that much? i have one in my e36 and its great

Ive got the Z3 shifter in my car, easy install plus a great difference in the feel/length of the shift. (shift not shaft) :P

I can get these parts out to anyone at the discounted price of $100.60+postage

If I can get a group buy there is a possibility of a further discount.

PM for more details

100 for the shifter arm + 26 for the plastic cup you need to replace it.

And that price is just if 1 person was buying it, so discounted for more people joined.

Edited by Forrest

Does it come with other bits like new bushes/other bits or is it just the shifter?

As nath said, I can get the bushing for $26.

I just want to emphasise that the group buy discount is only a possibility. Depending on what BMW says when my guy asks. Based on previous experience they should be ok but just be prepared to pay $100

Could be a possibility Nathan - let me know if you are going ahead with it....

hey nathan add me one of this z3 short shift.

part no 25117527252.

hey guys,

I dont know if any one is interested or not. But when i did mine i also changed the bush that is at the gearbox end that attaches to the selector shaft. I dont know if you can buy them so i made my own looks exactly like the ones on the bottom of the z3 shifter.If any one is interested i can do a right up or even machine them for you.

Thanks Brent

hey guys,

I dont know if any one is interested or not. But when i did mine i also changed the bush that is at the gearbox end that attaches to the selector shaft. I dont know if you can buy them so i made my own looks exactly like the ones on the bottom of the z3 shifter.If any one is interested i can do a right up or even machine them for you.

Thanks Brent

Hey, I would be interested to see a write up

UPDATE:

Looks like we are getting some good interest this. Payment/delivery is yet to be confirmed, I will wait and see how long people keep requesting them for.

Ashkan: The bush you replace is the plastic cup that goes around the ball of the shifter arm, you can also replace the metal sleeves that go inside the shifter linkages but that isnt necessary.

Brent: Im keen and im sure a few others are, what sort of money would you be looking at for your product?

Hey, I would be interested to see a write up

Check the first post in this thread. There is a link

Check the first post in this thread. There is a link

I believe he meant a write up in reference to Brent's quote.

^ Oh I see. Half asleep you see, my bad. Anyone else keen? The more the merrier.

$100 is a good price for genuine Z3 1.9 shifters. Especially if that includes Gst & freight. The best I could do for members was $110 incl Gst

$100 is a good price for genuine Z3 1.9 shifters. Especially if that includes Gst & freight. The best I could do for members was $110 incl Gst

iI want it now,I dont want to wait.110 is very good price aya

^ Mitch if we can get 10 people, I think then we could get Jason to talk to his guy and do a mass order, up to you though.