Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Z3 Short Shift Group Buy

Could be keen. I got a some sort of ssk in mine but be good to feel what these are like compared to mine.

Your more than welcome to come round and have a go with my one to see how it feels.

Just have to vouch for Jason, excellent guy to deal with

Cheers mate :)

Are these genuine Z3 shifters or a copy?

cheers

Genuine BMW pieces

How hard is the brass thing to put in with the gearbox in?

Its fiddly.. but I did it on mine in about an hour (that includes lifting the car etc etc)

Edit: First shifter has been reserved, all shifters are now $115 until further notice. Second person in line will receive the cheap one if the first person bails out.

Edited by SIR E30

When do you need payment for the brass one? Not coming round these ways anytime soon are ya? Car's already on stands :D

so they are $156 to my door? put me down for one, ill be in touch to confirm

When do you need payment for the brass one? Not coming round these ways anytime soon are ya? Car's already on stands :D

Since its you, and I know where you live I suppose I dont need payment straight away - if thats what your implying. Im going to be at hampton downs next saturday, but I wont be up your way in the near future.

so they are $156 to my door? put me down for one, ill be in touch to confirm

If you dont want the brass piece then yep 156 will sort you out. Although I would recommend doing the brass bit as well. It fixes so much slop in the shift, makes things so much tighter! Thats not a sales pitch by the way, I'm not making any money on this.

For those that want the brass piece: It is a small sleeve that fits into the knuckle on the gearbox, I dont supply it with the knuckle, I only supply the sleeve. But its a simple matter of taking the knuckle off, placing it in the vice, and tapping the old bushing out while driving the new one in. I can supply the write up I made (pictures included) for those that need a bit of help. and if you REALLY want, I can send a knuckle with the brass bit already in, but you will have to post your old one back to me.

Edited by SIR E30

Think I PM'd you, if i didnt, keen on the whole lot, SSK, plastic bearing, and brass sleeve

Hi everyone, Ive been offline for quite some time with the forums being down and me being away this weekend. I have ordered some parts so they are on the way.

For those that are still keen, deposit money into my account with your username as a reference (010367 - 0053854 - 00 ANZ) and send me a PM with your postal address and I will get the parts moving as soon as I can.

Cheers, Jason