Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Ford Focus RS

^ our XR5 turbo is a fantastic car, massive bang for buck

Saw a hot red one in wellington in the CBD.

They are a great looking car.

How many fords does your family have?? ST170, XR5 Focus...Nice selection.

I looked at a 170 recently for my Partner and was very disapointed with the interior.

My Dad has owned 17 ish Fords in his lifetime.

Ex FPV GT etc etc

Currently we have in our driveway brought from brand new: Fiesta 1.6, Focus ST170 and Focus ST225/XR5 Turbo

All blue ones too :rolleyes:

Still like my beemers better tho :P

There is a white, orange and silver one down here i've seen too, the white one looks tits.

Edited by Forrest

If you want the performance you could just get a Megane R26 and chip it to 275BHP, will leave the Focus for dead..

My old mans a Ford man too, must be subconsciously programmed into us to like them.. even if they are quite average.

If you want the performance you could just get a Megane R26 and chip it to 275BHP, will leave the Focus for dead..

My old mans a Ford man too, must be subconsciously programmed into us to like them.. even if they are quite average.

theres supposed to be an awd verson of the focus coming out soon for europe. ill try find out a few definet facs from the ford dealer that i used to work in,a mate in there knows somone in ford motor company that leaks him stuff.

the fwd rs focus is rated at 305 hp (0-100km/h in 5.9 seconds) and the awd version si said to be a lot more.

tuned chiped etc could make some power house.

as for the fwd rs the drift on the steering is awfull once you get to high revs but no where near as bad as the steering on the st focus, ive had one of each and dont lie the front wheel drive at all.

Edited by bmwNewbe

Sweet ... about time they came around.

Finally car manufactures are bringing some excitment back the AWD market.

yay

theres supposed to be an awd verson of the focus coming out soon for europe. ill try find out a few definet facs from the ford dealer that i used to work in,a mate in there knows somone in ford motor company that leaks him stuff.

the fwd rs focus is rated at 305 hp (0-100km/h in 5.9 seconds) and the awd version si said to be a lot more.

tuned chiped etc could make some power house.

as for the fwd rs the drift on the steering is awfull once you get to high revs but no where near as bad as the steering on the st focus, ive had one of each and dont lie the front wheel drive at all.

They will not be bringing out an AWD in the current shape. Its on its last legs as it is. Tell your mate to keep dreaming :P

They did however just bring out a RS500 version with a pit more poke and a few special bits.

Did you drive the one and only Green one floating around Auckland?

Have just spoken to Ford Nz that they are in fact not bringing any in.

They would assit a serious buyer bringing one in as a personal import. Price landed would be around 90k!

They suggested a Focus XR5 Turbo instead (approx 48k)

Ford NZ arnt but our dealership imported a few of them themselves. not sure how but thats another kettle of fish. they have one there now. i think it has been reprogrammed to give some crazy figures. cannot remember off the top of my head but i know that ford sell an upgrade that consists of a remap and new afm for like 50kw gain or something.

They will not be bringing out an AWD in the current shape. Its on its last legs as it is. Tell your mate to keep dreaming :P

They did however just bring out a RS500 version with a pit more poke and a few special bits.

Did you drive the one and only Green one floating around Auckland?

you never know with ford europe they try to milk the very last out of each model, after the first rs was made they changed from the mark2 till the mark3 (new model) but they never made a mk3 rs at first so they added few extras and continued with the first rs. once they bring out a new body shell will be the mark 5 and they will run it for a min of 1 1/2 years before rolling off the new rs so most likely they will do somthing to the current one and continue to sell untill the new one is ready so watch this space...awd in the current mark 4 could still happen as they have been talking about bringing it back since before i worked for ford 9 years ago..

Yea na. Not going to happen mate, not in a million years... Unfortunately regular car makers are not like they used to be and every year our dreams of wild and wacky models are becoming more and more less likely, accountants and greenies rule the roost and car company are now focusing on making cars greener and cheaper rather than faster and more elaborate like the good old days. f**king greenies.

Anyway, here is the new Focus ST.

I wonder if it will adopt the RS’s RevoKnuckle? If so it will be a serious piece of kit, one worth waiting for perhaps.

2011 Focus ST

Guest Simon*

I've a question for all you Ford nuts then, is there a hot production Fiesta out? I suppose there must be on the strength of the WRC ones, but are they for sale here? What are the specs on them?

There is the Mountune Fiesta, its expensive though. They (Ford) need to put the 2.0 Turbo in one!

All Ford NZ’s allocation of Focus RS’s will be Mountune tuned so if you want one Simon im sure Ford NZ could get you one, they even come in purple.

http://www.mountuneperformance.com/

I would personally prefer a Clio RS200, 200BHP for less money in a better handling car

All Ford NZ’s allocation of Focus RS’s will be Mountune tuned so if you want one Simon im sure Ford NZ could get you one, they even come in purple.

http://www.mountuneperformance.com/

I would personally prefer a Clio RS200, 200BHP for less money in a better handling car

So are Grant Aitken's. Look out for one in the Production car series this year - should give the EVO's and WRX's a fright!

Should beat them if they he can drive, it will have the power to weight advantage and a better chassis.

Interesting series that, I looked at the regulations and its quite attractive.

Should beat them if they he can drive, it will have the power to weight advantage and a better chassis.

Interesting series that, I looked at the regulations and its quite attractive.

He is the current sries champ and was in an Evo9. The street trim Focus put up some good times compared to the race trim EVO around Hampton

Minor thread dredge but I drove into the school carpark last week to see that Grant Baker's son has a new one.

Virtually identical to this: Posted Image

Saw come in another day and my god, that car sounds amazing.

Edited by Tristan

In my day the baker’s son got a pie to take to school and was really good at maths.

how can a kid be given one of those? I missed out of having a rich dad big time

Your probably better off than him for it as well

You'll survive without a father....he'll probably struggle

Edited by *Glenn*

how can a kid be given one of those? I missed out of having a rich dad big time

That's what I thaught about Tristan having an E39? :P

pretty much though, Rich kids at my school were being bought WRX's and Evo's. Silly parents.

Heyyyy Molehole has a 530 too <_< . You don't even want to see my school's parking lot..

That yours?